Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA and what it covers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Monkey Sampan

Handed in my application form at 10am yesterday morning:
    Received a letter just after 9am this morning telling me my application has been successful

The only conditions are that I present my letter of registration before Oct 13th to receive the €300 Cost of Education Allowance
    also to prevent BTEA payments from being suspended

It says to sign on as normal until my course starts, so only two more dates left

Delighted to have an instant decision, glad now I lost out on a few jobs in Dec and Januray or I might not have made the 234 day qualifying period

As for the SUSI application..... I won't be holding my breath for a quick reply
    back in 06' I remember it took Cork City VEC 5 months to process my grant application for a PLC course

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ditzyfairy

Handed in my application form at 10am yesterday morning:
    Received a letter just after 9am this morning telling me my application has been successful

Lucky you, I sent mine in last month in the post, my claim is split between 3 offices so I just send everything to one and then they sort out who should deal with it. So I rang this morning to be told yes they had received it but no one knows which office will be dealing with the BTEA claims for my area so will have to wait another 4-6weeks.... talk about confusing

so have been fed up waiting the last week so after calling every day for the last week

Thursday I was told they changed their mind and my application was now being handled by a different office
    Friday I was told my file had been requested
    Monday I was told they were starting to look at applications properly
    Tuesday I was told I would hear back in the next week
    and today I was told it was showing up on their computer that i have been APPROVED!!!!! yippee after almost 8 weeks so just waiting on confirmation letter now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭david65

ditzyfairy wrote: »
    so have been fed up waiting the last week so after calling every day for the last week

Thursday I was told they changed their mind and my application was now being handled by a different office
    Friday I was told my file had been requested
    Monday I was told they were starting to look at applications properly
    Tuesday I was told I would hear back in the next week
    and today I was told it was showing up on their computer that i have been APPROVED!!!!! yippee after almost 8 weeks so just waiting on confirmation letter now :)
    Congratulations, your nearly there

david65 wrote: »
    Congratulations, your nearly there

Thanks :) I got the letter today so just have to send in a letter confirming registration. Problem is because I got refused grant and am now in the middle of the appeal, i am on temporarily registered so hope they'll accept that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭david65

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, good luck

Advertisement