Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communications..is it for me??

Options
  • 29-06-2012 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey, I'm just after doing my leaving and trying to fill out my cao by Sunday. I really want to do primary school teaching over anything else so everything I put down is just a safety net.
    I'm not pushed on doing arts because there's no subjects that I love enough to study so when I saw communications I thought it might be a better option. I've never had a huge interest in media such as photography and video but when i read threads about it on this everyone seems to love it!
    Does anybody have any advice? Is it a course that you have to love cameras and technology? What sort of jobs can you get out of it? And finally, would it be an adequate course to lead onto a postgrad in primary school teaching or would a normal arts degree be a better option?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭PanicStations

Hello coral93,

I don't know about Communications but are you aware of DCU's degree in Education and Training?

It doesn't qualify you to be a primary school teacher, but like the Arts courses you mention, you could do it and then do a post grad to be a teacher.

You might learn some stuff on this course that will be useful to you in teaching, rather than a general arts degree.

Details are here:

http://www.dcu.ie/prospective/deginfo.php?classname=ET

Good luck with whatever you do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 coral93

Thank's for your help :) I ended up putting communications down aftter all and that education training too :)

Advertisement