Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ssd i/o errors

Options
  • 29-06-2012 3:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

so I had trouble getting into windows this morning

it was hanging on classpnp.sys which I think is something hd related, I got it sorted and back into windows

i assumed it was the d: drive (my old c: drive, before the ssd) so I ran the disk checker fixed all errors etc etc

but im still noticing i/o errors copying from the ssd to other drives. I can hit retry in supercopier and they copy across fine the second time but.. this only started happening today and I only have the ssd about a week

it's the samsung 830 256gig, I have samsung magician software here I had a look through it for a disk checking utility but I don't see one. anyone know if there are any ssd specific disk checking tools or should I just use windows disk checker?

actually im still copying my steamapps folder to another drive (in case it dies) and i only noticed now it's copying at around 5000k/s that is.. very very wrong

ideas?

--edit

I paused the copy and selected a 2 gig file to copy across to another drive.. copied across at normal fast speeds. making me wonder if there's a bad section on my ssd :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

copying steamapps folder again over to a different drive this time... no i/o errors yet and its running at normal speeds rather than the 5 meg a second

maybe its the d: drive that's ****ed. but I ran a windows disk check on it this morning, the long one to check for bad sectors, and it came back with nothing outside of a couple of filesystem errors iirc

are there any windows errors that could be causing i/o problems? or is it almost always hardware related and I should just bin the hd

Advertisement