Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spain v Italy Euro 2012 Final , Sunday 1st July

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Not sure Pirlo is going to get the POTT now, he didn't get going at all in the final. When he's closed down a lot of his armoury is gone. For me, Iniesta should get it, kept a high level of performance throughout the whole tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

As a fan of the Spanish Team I felt that they hadn't perfomed to their usual (or expected) standard throughout this tournament. Delighted that tonight they proved all their doubters wrong. Probably the best performance I have seen them put in in the last four years. Delighted!!! Especially delighted for both Torres and Xavi who had come in for some (warranted) criticism recently. Looking forward to 2014:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Anyone know who got the official motm (if such a thing exists)? The Guardian gave it to Alba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,934 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

THFC wrote: »
    Anyone know who got the official motm (if such a thing exists)? The Guardian gave it to Alba.

iniesta was the uefa official motm and thats the one that counts for betting purposes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I think Iniesta is going to get the POTT, even before this game he had the highest average player rating on the stats and tonight should pretty much seal it.

Well done to Spain, a truly amazing achievement and whether it be through downright efficiency or beautiful play they know how to win football games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

BBC V ITV viewing figures last night:

BBC 13.4m V ITV 2.3m

Embarrassing for ITV that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Paully D wrote: »

BBC 13.4m V ITV 2.3m

Would love to see viewing figures in Ireland ,,
    Guessing massive switch over to RTE for half time with the lads and back again to BBC for 2nd half...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Paully D wrote: »

BBC 13.4m V ITV 2.3m

People are used to Lineker, Hanson and co though so its hardly a surprise? BBC and RTE also both had earlier and longer run times then ITV so that went against them. (they did all tournament anyway)

I actually enjoyed the ITV analysis for the games they did, didnt get to see any on bbc, and the bits I saw on Rte either made me laugh or get very very angry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I watched it on BBC HD. To watch on ITV HD, I have to go to the Freesat channel and press the red button. No brainer really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

BTW, not the first time a team has won 3 "major" tournaments in a row. Also, didn't the USA knock them out in the Confed Cup a few years ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

BBC don't have ad breaks so that's why I'd pick BBC over ITV.

RTE all the way though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Can't see anywhere else relevent to post these, if they're OT, feel free to delete them.

CameraZOOM-20120702210625474.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120702210756826.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120702210827973.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120702210849576.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120702210856075.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120702210927921.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

FatherTed wrote: »
    BTW, not the first time a team has won 3 "major" tournaments in a row. Also, didn't the USA knock them out in the Confed Cup a few years ago?

First time at team to win the European (continental) cup the World Cup and again the European (continental) cup. I think Uruguay did this before back in the 20's and 30's.

Also, first team to win the European cup 2 consecutive times, and Fernando Torres is the first one to score in two consecutive finals.

Del Bosque is the first coach to get a Champions League, European Cup and world cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Uruguay did 2 Olympics and a WC, but the WC wasn't exactly competitive back then, well certainly not as competitive as it is today. I'm not sure how competitive the Olympics were back then, and if they had the same rules as they have today (i.e. U-23's).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Most enjoyable international final, I can remember. Well done Spain, and thanks to Italy for their big part in the tournament.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

amiable wrote: »

As it should be, fair play Casillas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

amiable wrote: »

I remember watching Spurs v Real Madrid last year and Herelheo Gomes mishandled a Ronaldo shot and it went in horribly, and they showed a clip of Casillas shaking his head and he looked genuinely disappointed for Gomes after that mistake.

Always had big respect for him (being a keeper myself) but it's these instances that show football in a really positive light, demonstrating gamesmanship and has it's genuinely nice people.

Advertisement