Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB-l'woods online banking

Options
  • 29-06-2012 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum for it,

paid 10euro off my littlewoods a/c last week as i do every week which is usually fine, only thingis a week later it hasnt gone off my l'woods a/c so emailed them and they said nothing was recieved, rang aib and they said it defo went into their a/c and gave me the date, ive emailed l'woods back they also bank with aib, thought it mite be ulster bank, what do i do if they continue to dispute it ?, aib are sending me out a statement to say the money left my bank as "proof", i told l'woods i wont be paying anymore off the a.c until the matter is rectified, i owe about 90euro but was hoping to pay another bit off this week, holding out tho..never had this prob, the internet banking transfer has been set up a couple of yrs so i didnt get the a/c no or anything wrong i just do what i normally do, mbna got there payment i sent...:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

To be honest, I'm not even *sure* what you're saying.

So, you paid money to Littlewoods via AIB Internet Banking? AIB say the money has gone out, Littlewoods say it hasn't been received? Is this something that you have set up and made previous payments to? Have you confirmed which sort code and account number that a) you have saved with AIB and b) that it's the correct one from Littlewoods? Have you ensured the reference/account number for Littlewoods is 100% correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

BuffyBot wrote: »
    To be honest, I'm not even *sure* what you're saying.

So, you paid money to Littlewoods via AIB Internet Banking? AIB say the money has gone out, Littlewoods say it hasn't been received? Is this something that you have set up and made previous payments to? Have you confirmed which sort code and account number that a) you have saved with AIB and b) that it's the correct one from Littlewoods? Have you ensured the reference/account number for Littlewoods is 100% correct?

Yep paid 10euro off last week like i normally do every week without a problem, a week later still hasnt gone off l'woods a/c so i contacted them and they said they hadnt recieved it even tho on my online banking through aib it left my account, rang them and they said it went into littlewoods bank a/c which one of their reps is saying it hasnt...ive banked with aib for donkey's years and every week there isnt a problem bar last week , aib confirmed littlewoods have an aib a/c as well, i orginally thought they may be with ulster bank...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Then it would appear to be Littlewoods you need to chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Then it would appear to be Littlewoods you need to chase.

OP you need to contact both aib and littlewoods... ask aib for a printout showing your payment from your account into littlewoods ac - then contact littlewoods and tell them the money went out of your account and ask them to check with the bank.

its more than likely its an admin error - the money was taken from your account but incorrectly entered into a different littlewoods account or an account number similar to littlewoods account number (someone somewhere probably did a manual entry and messed it up)

thanks guys, aib sending out statement, and ive yet to hear back from littlewoods wont be letting it drop with them as i can see where it was taken from my bank and they wont be getting any money from me until this one is rectified, i never usually have probs with them, thankfully it wasnt a huge amount but still for peace of mind need to get it sorted.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 swalker

Hi,

Not sure where you got your info from but Littlewoods are definately an Ulster Bank customer, have an account with them myself and like yourself do regular bank transfer from boi to ulster bank. Just look at the giro on your bill, it clearly states ulster bank O'Connell Street - would imagine when this mess is sorted your money will be credited to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Same happened me this week paid in on 25th as of yet nothing received.

Payment must be in by today so a late fee for me

thanks guys, strange aib told me they bank with them..would make sense if its ulster bank and none of the littlewoods reps will say whether or not they are with aib/ulster bank...they said they are still looking into it,

like u dave due to be hit for interest i know its feck all but not the point if they told me they are with ulster bank id say ok i will wait.. (still holding off on payments to them)..must check my giro.

Rang them today rep told me they bank with Nat west/Ulster bank.

No late fees if you prove you made payment on time, still its a hassle having to prove you paid on time.

dave1982 wrote: »
    Rang them today rep told me they bank with Nat west/Ulster bank.

No late fees if you prove you made payment on time, still its a hassle having to prove you paid on time.

Ah cool thanks for the info dave, hopefully ulster bank get there arses in gear now and resolve the probs, :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 giggleysgf

hiya i,ve bein having the same probs with littlewoods paid them 121.50 on the 28th of june and was due by the 4th of july rang them and aib up a couple of times to see where my money had gone still to today my account hasn,t being credited with the amount and littlewoods were giving me no feedback just to wait on a call over the next 3 days so thanks guys i know where i stand now just have to wait on ulster bank to get there act together :)))

ah well then thankfully we know theres an ulster bank think goin on ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Can I ask how you pay Littlewoods Ireland through bank transfer , I can only pay in the bank or post office and only do this monthly as its not convenient to go weekly. They don't accept Laser and is not accepted in my local shop through paypoint or payzone.

Sorry for going OT

hi there well with aib, i went into set up a new bill and did it from there, it gives u a drp down menu and u click littlewoods then , put in your a/c number and then a knickname for ur account thats how it worked for me, so every week i literally go to "pay bill" select from one of my a/cs and off it goes...

Play Bunny wrote: »
    hi there well with aib, i went into set up a new bill and did it from there, it gives u a drp down menu and u click littlewoods then , put in your a/c number and then a knickname for ur account thats how it worked for me, so every week i literally go to "pay bill" select from one of my a/cs and off it goes...

I'll try that , thanks a million , would save me a lot of hassle

I found it , Can't believe I didn't realise that facility was there before now. Thanks Again ;)

Karen23 wrote: »
    I found it , Can't believe I didn't realise that facility was there before now. Thanks Again ;)

your welcome :) glad i explained it ok its been a while since i set it up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

Just after checking my littlewoods a/c and my last two payment haven't been credited to my a/c. Called them and its due to the ulsterbank c**k up. Such a pain having to moniter things so closely could have easily overlooked it and never realised. Thanks be to god I don't personally bank with Ulster bank but my god they are utter idiots if a transfer takes over two weeks :mad:

Meshel wrote: »
    Just after checking my littlewoods a/c and my last two payment haven't been credited to my a/c. Called them and its due to the ulsterbank c**k up. Such a pain having to moniter things so closely could have easily overlooked it and never realised. Thanks be to god I don't personally bank with Ulster bank but my god they are utter idiots if a transfer takes over two weeks :mad:

what annoyed me was why didnt l'woods just say listen we bank with UB and there will be delays? surely l'woods are prob suffering as well as i certainly wont be paying anything anytime soon...and they never got back to me with the query i had sent them...

they are still sending me the same repetative email, about a problem with "My bank", (aib)...feel like im goin round in circles any1 else get their a/c credited?../sorted?...:confused:

• Advertisement

still not sorted, any1 else?:rolleyes:

Nope still the same, rang AIB just to be sure they said there is some issue with littlewoods now having a backlog to work through.:D

Play Bunny wrote: »
    still not sorted, any1 else?:rolleyes:
    Nope still not credited yet I rang ulster and explained that I was with Aib and the probs I was having they weren't too fond to give me much info but did tell me that all the transfers is sorted it's just little woods workin to the logs to keep an eye on it

;) thanks guys

Does anyone know if this problem is sorted , just wanted to check before I make a payment.

still nothing

:rolleyes:unreal going on about 5wks now and nothing yet! talk about slow and they are due to add on more interest now in the nxt week or so,

went in today, they are still looking for the 10e late fee:D

dave1982 wrote: »
    went in today, they are still looking for the 10e late fee:D
    Mine still hasn't went thru yet :((

• Advertisement

jesus about time, mine has gone off as well, gonna pay another 10euro and see how quick it goes through, think my hubby is still waiting on his to go through...
    dave-how come ur being charged 10euro late fee?, i had 1.75arrears and tbh couldnt be arsed argueing with them:rolleyes:

Advertisement