Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a half decent bank

Options
  • 29-06-2012 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

I am sick and tired of incompetance at banks!

I had a current acc with boi back in 90's, until they refused to cash a boi paycheque so I left, and went to AIB.

Was with AIB for 10+ years, until they screwed up mortgage interest breakage costs and my overdraft facility - really scary stuff that required the help of the FSO to sort out!!

Since then I've been with PTSB, but I had 3 minor incorrect direct debits (management company charged too many times and UPC screwed up their billing) You want to see the dance I had to do to get the 3 payments back - despite having a substantial amount of money in the bank, customer service was awful.

I'm going home now on pay day !! yippy with a blasted headache... Really truely awful service from these financial institutions, Is there anywhere else I can get paid into, Post office, credit union anywhere half decent?

Comments

Ulster Bank perhaps?

They seem reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

Ulster Bank perhaps?

They seem reliable.

Oh the lols

No really OP. I really don't have any advice sorry, the credit union might be ok for actually getting paid into, but they don't have ATM facility or the likes. Postbank is gone afaik?

I think they're all equally as bad as each other tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Andy454

Ulster Bank perhaps?

They seem reliable.

LOL - thanks! headache gone I nearly fell off the chair -oh I needed a laugh!!!

My aunt just pulled all her money out of there just last week....

Was considering putting mine into canned food and shotguns myself!!

I'm canceling these direct debits, they can swing for payment now....

...as for PTSB - it was all very dogey and dingy looking, I had to go into a backroom with the manager to discuss the 3 incorrect upc payments of less than 50 euro, for goodness sake!!

sent a complaint to IPSO and customerrelations@ptsb, they hadn't a clue

Advertisement