Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread locked in after hours

Options
  • 29-06-2012 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I created a thread earlier in After Hours and it was locked straight away and personel issues forum recommended. I placed it in after hours for light hearted replies.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Did you Pm a mod for clarification?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

If you had put a little more humour into your OP and perhaps asked the forum what was the most bunny boiler'ish thing that they have ever done and/or had done to them (along of course, with whatever it was that you did) then I think the mod would have left it but, as it was - I think the mod was justified in locking it.

Just my 2c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

After Hours Mods are OTT with locking threads imo why not just move or merge them instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Moving threads can be a nightmare for the receiving forum. Threads moved need to be tidied up to fit into the new forum charter and ethos otherwise the mods of the new forum get inundated with Reports. Threads in AfterHours can get very big very quickly so it's simply time and effort saving to close the thread and re-direct the Poster to the correct forum.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

OldGoat wrote: »
    Moving threads can be a nightmare for the receiving forum. Threads moved need to be tidied up to fit into the new forum charter and ethos otherwise the mods of the new forum get inundated with Reports. Threads in AfterHours can get very big very quickly so it's simply time and effort saving to close the thread and re-direct the Poster to the correct forum.

most locked threads have less than a full page of posts... they should be easier to move or merge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

After Hours Mods are OTT with locking threads imo why not just move or merge them instead.

Sometimes it's probably better to flush a big turd down the main toilet instead of carrying it into the en-suite to do it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

If you have a specific issue with AH mods, feel free to take it to the Help Desk forum. Otherwise I would ask you to refrain from having a go at them every chance you get here in Feedback. It is considered poor etiquette and off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was the locking mod. If you'd like to me to explain why it was locked then PM me. Thread in question.

Advertisement