Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patent Info

Options
  • 29-06-2012 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Has anyone any info in patenting a product?? I have look on the patent uk and ireland websites and got sone info. I'm struggling to get costs on how much it will actually cost to complete the process of patenting a product.

Some sites i looked at vary from 1k to 78k??

All help appreciated!!

Tux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

I wouldnt worry about a patent.

Its its good get it to market first and lets it suceed.

If its great it will be copied by the big boys and they will crush you in court anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

LOL @ that reply

Right - Competely disregard everything he said - Even the part about getting it to market first

http://www.hmc-ip.com

Go speak to alan casey, i spoke to him at the China business Summit 2 weeks ago in the lighthouse cinema he knows his trade inside out.

He,ll give you a brief chat over the phone/in person free of charge, and it wont be a hard sell either

Best of luck what ever way you go !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Yesterday the EU agreed on a single EU patent so that will change the cost structure.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0629/single-european-patent-to-be-introduced.html

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

if you think it is good business to pay tens of thousands to patent something that hasnt been tried in the market - then good luck.

And if it is a great sucess - someone in China will copy it and how do you think your patent and bank balance will hold up to that.

I suppose you could send another few grand down the hole defending your patent.

Why dont you talk to that guys friend - bet you he doesnt advise you not to, he sells patents.

How are Apple and Samsung etc getting on with their patents and they have billions at hand to defend them

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tuxedo

Hi guys thanks for the replys.

Yeah i will get in touch will Alan thanks for that.

I can see similar products being launched as its a simple idea that works.

• Advertisement
Advertisement