Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fed up with constant poo eating.

• 29-06-2012 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

One of my dogs has taken to eating poo. Just about any and all poo that she can find. It's easy to put a stop to at home, but lately walks have become very stressful because, with people being what they are, there's poo everywhere. She's quite good with a 'drop it' command, which is good 'cause I don't want to be digging that out of her mouth.

I'm loathe to put a muzzle on her because then there'll be poo smooshed into the front of it all the time, and using something like a halti is out since a lot of the poo-eating would be when she's on an extendable lead and I don't want a headcollar on her in that situation.

Any ideas, or should I just stick with 'drop it'? There are stretches of path around my area where I'm practically dragging her for 50m because of the delicious shi'te everywhere.

She's regularly wormed, and on Creavens lamb and rice food.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Maybe teach her 'leave it'? I know with my guy he was obsessed with pulling at the little saplings in the park (biting them first then plucking the whole thing out of the ground roots and all!!:eek:)- much to my embarrassment and everyone else's amusement! :rolleyes: Anyhoos I was careful letting him off the lead near them but when I did I watched him like a hawk and as soon as I saw him going near them I told him to leave it - he got the message after a while that he was to leave them alone! He already knew the command so the hard part for me was anticipating him going near them and warning him off them but it worked in the end thank god!

Advertisement