Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 reinstall

Options
  • 29-06-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi
    After house extension rewiring new contacts back to my Aritech CS350. Just 2 Q's.
    1: Does it matter which way cable pairs connect to terminal black i.e. does the wire from EOL resistor have to connect to particular terminal?

2: When the engineer code is inputted at RKP does it knock off the panel tamper so that the cover can be removed?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

montydog36 wrote: »
    Hi
    After house extension rewiring new contacts back to my Aritech CS350. Just 2 Q's.
    1: Does it matter which way cable pairs connect to terminal black i.e. does the wire from EOL resistor have to connect to particular terminal?

2: When the engineer code is inputted at RKP does it knock off the panel tamper so that the cover can be removed?

Many thanks

1. No, it doesn't matter which side of the zone input.

2. Yes, engineer mode disables all alarms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 montydog36

Thanks Fred
    HOWEVER on power up and trying to arm system - all zones are showing open. Referring to manual and problem solving, connected 47k resistor to a zone terminals and checked Open Zones and it still showed open. Manual states that if the zone did not come up then the panel is OK. As it still showed open - is me panel knackered? The EOL resistors I have are .75w while in the manual it mentions .25w. Would this have any bearing?

Can the pael be repaired and if not is there a replacement you would recommend?

Many thanks

Just to be clear. You wired a 4.7k resistor into a zone without anything else wired in and the zone is still showing open on the open zones?
    Have you metered out the resistor to confirm is resistance value?

Checked resistor with meter and getting 46.7k. Close enough??

I see that there are a number of installers in Dublin repairing/servicing the CS350 so might contact one. Any you recommend?

Many thanks

Checked resistor with meter and getting 46.7k. Close enough??

I see that there are a number of installers in Dublin repairing/servicing the CS350 so might contact one. Any you recommend?

Many thanks

That's your problem. Should be 4.7k not 47k. Where abouts are you, I have loads of them spare that you can have.

• Advertisement

Should have gone to Specsavers! Read 4k7 as 47k. I am in Tallaght, Dublin 24 but going away for a week. Can I get back to you next week re your spares?

Ta

No probs. If you PM me your address I'll stick them in the post.

Fred
    Received resistors, just fitted them, you're a genius for spotting my use of wrong type.

Owe you a large pint.
    Many thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Good man Fred. Your pint is in the post.:p

Fred
    Received resistors, just fitted them, you're a genius for spotting my use of wrong type.

Owe you a large pint.
    Many thanks

You're welcome. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement