Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nimue skin care?

Options
  • 29-06-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Evening Ladies,

I'm just wondering if any of you are using the Nimue skin products.

I decided to treat myself to the complete problematic skin range, I had a very oil t zone and larges pores but very rarely get spots at 25.

I've been using it the last 4-5 months, and I must say my skin does look better, the pores are much tighter, but I've noticed I'm getting breakouts more frequently. And the worst spots I've ever experienced in my life and I have my fair share of spots as a teenager. Really visible and red and extremely sore and now appearing everywhere on my face. I use to just get them on my chin

Has anyone else experienced this whilst using the Nimue products?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Moved from The Ladies Lounge to Beauty. Better suited here, OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I use Nimue too, but it's never given me spots. I have sensitive skin and am not prone to breakouts though, so I'm probably on totally different set of products than you are. I find it great, though I am currently just back using it after 'a break'. My skin didn't seem to be responding to it any more (it looked amazing for the first few months) and my beautician told me you can get to the stage where you're nearly immune to the active ingredients, so to give it a break for a few months and come back to it. Maybe you should give that a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

I may give it a break for the summer and start again in September. Hopefully it'll kick back to action. I feel a little hard done by, you know the price it is :eek: Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nimue Skin

Hello Ladies,

Nimue is a professional product that contains very active ingredients. One of the main groups of active ingredients is our Alpha Hydroxy Acids which we use as a very specific combination, concentration and strength.

Your Nimue regimen is broken into 3 phases:

Phase 1 are you basic products – Cleanser, Conditioner, Day Cream, Night Cream, Exfoliator and Sun Block. This is according to your Skin Classification. Phase 1 contains between 0-7% alpha hydroxy acids. You may experience a bit more oiliness or dryness or breakout or even sensitivity. This is normal and is the process of your skin healing itself. Through phase 1 your skin will be rejuvenated by 30%.

Phase 2 is your active product – active gel or active lotion depending on whether you are oily or dry. Phase 2 contains 10% alpha hydoxy acids. After using phase 1 for approximately 2-6 weeks or until your skin has healed itself, you will then introduce phase 2 slowly at night under your moisturiser. You will start by introducing once a week and slowly build up to every second night. Through phase 2 your skin will be rejuvenated by 20%.

Phase 3 is your professional treatments – these are done at a Nimue certified salon. Phase 3 contains 15% alpha hydoxy acids. You can start having Nimue treatments once you have started phase 2. Through phase 3 your skin will be rejuvenated by 30%

Unfortunately Telya you have been misinformed with regards to “giving your skin a break”. Your skin will not become immune to the products, in order to keep your skin rejuvenated you should have regular treatments and introduce serums from our support range

Wendydoll, the breakouts could be your skin’s way of healing itself. Everyone experiences breakouts; this is due to hormones within the body and not what is happening on the skin. Please do not stop the products for the summer, instead introduce phase 2 and go for an Active rejuvenation treatment to complete your rejuvenation cycle. Then I recommend that you have a course of Corrective Treatments and use the Corrective Serum and the Adult Spot Treatment on the breakout. Please make sure that you use the Sun-C throughout the summer to prevent post-inflammatory-hyperpigmentation caused by breakouts.

Thanks for your input Nimue Skin, I'm already on phrase 2 using it nightly should I maybe book in for professional treatment??

• Advertisement

You must not be using it nightly it should be used every second night.

You must defianatly go for a Nimue treatment. Look into having a Corrective Treatment.

will do, might get the corrective serum in the meantime.

My little treatment leaflet said use the active gel/lotion every second night under purifier and gradually increase to daily use. Will revert to using if every second night

Use it every second evening and then use your corrective serum on alternative evenings and mornings.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me on andrea@nimueskin.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nimue Ireland

Hi Wendydoll,

I see Andrea from Nimue International has informed you off the correct usage of Nimue, please feel free to contact me at any stage should you require assistance, I'm the Nimue Distributor for Ireland and am only too happy to help.
    email: nimueskin@eircom.net

Thanks
    Danielle

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Nimue Ireland and Nimue Skin, advertising is not allowed Boards.ie. Please contact hello@boards.ie for information on corporate accounts. Do not post again on behalf of Nimue. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Triona00

Hi,

Could someone tell me how much the products are?
    Cleanser, toner and moisturiser.

Thanks.

Advertisement