Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Keyboard.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Well I'd love the look of the keyboard late at night http://www.corporate.qpad.se/modules/news/index.php?storytopic=11 :) I'll probably order the mk-85 direct from qpad, €149.90 + shipping of €20.

Price converted to euros on amazon is about €165 and not sure if you'd even get correct key layout.

I have no experience of actually using a mechanical keyboard to know if I'd prefer red or brown switches though, is there any store in dublin where you can test a non-tactile vs tactile??
    Mine was €162 from OverclockersUK took 2 days to get here. I was reading in one of the forums from a guy who said it was hard to feel the tactile feed back off the browns and said if that's what you want then just go for the blues. A lot of the newer models coming out are going with the reds. The premier keyboards from Qpad and Corsair use the reds and the newer Filco's also come with the reds now. I figured the reds must be the way to go for gaming. I'm OK with them so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I looked at the Razer but, I question the quality of Razer products.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_-MTaFbQvc
    I've bought a Razer mouse last year and sent it back because it was defective.The replacement was also defective. I ended up just getting my money back.

I was just and example of a tactile switch i wouldnt buy one either
    Hopefully that wasn't the deathadder one, cos it's included in the HWVS shipment on the way to me atm..:(

From what ive heard the deathadder is ok i know a couple of people who have them and no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Mine was €162 from OverclockersUK took 2 days to get here. I was reading in one of the forums from a guy who said it was hard to feel the tactile feed back off the browns and said if that's what you want then just go for the blues. A lot of the newer models coming out are going with the reds. The premier keyboards from Qpad and Corsair use the reds and the newer Filco's also come with the reds now. I figured the reds must be the way to go for gaming. I'm OK with them so far.

hah!, if I lived on my own I'd get the blue one :D

tbh, I thought the browns were supposed to have same feel as blue, just quieter, but yeah red may be better, especially for fps style games.

Hopefully that wasn't the deathadder one, cos it's included in the HWVS shipment on the way to me atm..:(

The left handed one. I really wanted it to work. Maybe I was just unlucky. http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_IE/pd/productID.182251700
    I have a SteelSeries mouse at the moment, http://steelseries.com/products/games/diablo-iii/steelseries-diablo-iii-mouse
    I might sell it and get this one though, http://steelseries.com/products/games/guild-wars-2/guild-wars-2-gaming-mouse

Well I had a look at qpad price over at overclockers, works out at about €185 including deliver after converting, so qpad themselves still seem to be the least expensive.

• Advertisement

The left handed one. I really wanted it to work. Maybe I was just unlucky. http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_IE/pd/productID.182251700
    I have a SteelSeries mouse at the moment, http://steelseries.com/products/games/diablo-iii/steelseries-diablo-iii-mouse
    I might sell it and get this one though, http://steelseries.com/products/games/guild-wars-2/guild-wars-2-gaming-mouse

I ordered the regular one, mainly due to people on boards recommending it, & looks fairly simple with decent dpi.

Well I had a look at qpad price over at overclockers, works out at about €185 including deliver after converting, so qpad themselves still seem to be the least expensive.
    OverclocksUK will price match if you call them. Scan had it for £119 so they matched it and it came to £129 with the shipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Secondhand G15 - A proper one not the new ones!

That guy is married! My gaydar is well off.

That guy is married! My gaydar is well off.

lol who's that you're referring to? The guy on youtube doing the mech keyboard review??

• Advertisement

OverclocksUK will price match if you call them. Scan had it for £119 so they matched it and it came to £129 with the shipping.

I could do what you did, but why not just order from scan for £130 inc. shipping.
    I haven't ordered from either site before, so any reason not to use scan?

lol who's that you're referring to? The guy on youtube doing the mech keyboard review??

Yeah - watched a lot of his vids, he does brilliant tech reviews. Always thought that camp enthusiasm could be really annoying but he managed to make it sort of funny.

I suppose you can be camp and straight after all.

I could do what you did, but why not just order from scan for £130 inc. shipping.
    I haven't ordered from either site before, so any reason not to use scan?

I've never used Scan but, OverclockersUK delivery was cheaper
    Scan- £12.59
    OVerUK -£7.25

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Im getting trolled by logitech. I ordered the g110 keyboard monday last week. When I got the final page of the payment process I was informed that a crappy free mouse came with the keyboard. Grand says I. The next day I get an email from them saying that they were delaying my order for a few days because the free mouse isn't stock. I say f*ck that I don't even want it, so I try to ring them and tell them just to send me the keyboard but nobody answers im on hold for ever. Today my keyboard finally arrives and guess what? No free mouse!

Also the invoice I got with the delivery says the total was 56.34e yet when I was ordering on the website the total inc vat came to 51.99e and thats all i paid them so I dunno what thats about. I won't be ordering anything from their website again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I've been humming and haughing over mechanicals now for the day

I've narrowed it down to

Filco Majestouch-2
    DAS
    QPAD MK80
    Razer Blackwidow.

Decisions decisions decisions

No irish retailer having any of them is a pain in the jax

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

TheDoc wrote: »

I've narrowed it down to

Filco Majestouch-2
    DAS
    QPAD MK80
    Razer Blackwidow.

Komplett has razor one, for good price too. I am tempted myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

I was humming and hawing between the filco and the das, litterly just after ordering the das 10 minutes ago!
    decision time over for the moment.

Burgo wrote: »
    I was humming and hawing between the filco and the das, litterly just after ordering the das 10 minutes ago!
    decision time over for the moment.

From and how much?

From and how much?

amazon.co.uk, comes to £125.

Burgo wrote: »
    amazon.co.uk, comes to £125.

ouch

• Advertisement

ouch

Early Christmas present!

I've narrowed it down to

Filco Majestouch-2
    DAS
    QPAD MK80
    Razer Blackwidow.

pc world should have the blackwidow if you want to test it

they do charge 139-179 for it though

I've narrowed it down to

Filco Majestouch-2
    DAS
    QPAD MK80
    Razer Blackwidow.

I'd question the quality of the Blackwidow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_-MTaFbQvc
    I went with the Qpad MK 85( from Overclockers UK and they price matched it for me) a few months back and couldn't go back to a dome keyboard now. I am very happy with the Qpad. Ducky Shines are good too but, you have to get them imported from the states. http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?l=product_list&c=117

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

I've narrowed it down to

Filco Majestouch-2
    DAS
    QPAD MK80
    Razer Blackwidow.

I'm using Das Keyboard, and it's unreal! My typing speed increased slightly (92 from 82) but the best thing is the feel of the keys. I was using an old Dell keyboard today, and It felt like mush. Even the Thermaltake keyboard (Challenger pro) I had before Das keyboard feels terrible in comparison.

You really do get what you pay for; even if it is €120. I ordered through Amazon.de with GetDigital.de along with my new watercooler, and it got here in about 4 working days with UPS. Go get it!

Well I've ruled out Razer from today's investigations.

I'm sitting between a Qpad MK80, Filco Majestouch-2 Ninja or the DAS

If I'm honest, general reviews put the Filco just ahead of the DAS, and QPAD just ahead of the DAS also. There is a subreddit for mechanical keyboards and those lads are serious when it comes to keyboards haha

Also Amazon retailing the Qpad at €100 shipped, Qpad site themselves want €140.... and the other two are more expensive again from the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Well Amazon only ships MK80 Blue. If you order from QPad direct you can choose whatever switch type you want. You pay for it, but hey. I wanted Browns, I got Browns. (As it happens I've grown to like Blues more, but that's beside the point...)

Serephucus wrote: »
    Well Amazon only ships MK80 Blue. If you order from QPad direct you can choose whatever switch type you want. You pay for it, but hey. I wanted Browns, I got Browns. (As it happens I've grown to like Blues more, but that's beside the point...)

+1 that price for the qpad on amazon is a great price if you want blue switches

Personally i would pay the extra to get mine fitted with black switches but i really dont like blues after spending the last week gaming with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/cooler-master-cm-storm-trigger-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-with-backlit-brown-cherry-switch-keys

Finally found this keyboard in europe with brown switches, emailed them to double check that it was brown, also comes in black.
    The Rapid is also comes in Black, Red and Brown too.

Well I've ruled out Razer from today's investigations.

I'm sitting between a Qpad MK80, Filco Majestouch-2 Ninja or the DAS

If I'm honest, general reviews put the Filco just ahead of the DAS, and QPAD just ahead of the DAS also. There is a subreddit for mechanical keyboards and those lads are serious when it comes to keyboards haha

Also Amazon retailing the Qpad at €100 shipped, Qpad site themselves want €140.... and the other two are more expensive again from the looks of things.

If you don't care about backlighing then go with the Filco. It is the better keyboard of the lot. http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_details.asp?PRODUCT=646

• Advertisement

So decision making still in the process

I've decided (been forced) that rather then buy it ASAP its a Christmas present from the misses, so I've time to spare to really be thorough.

DAS has dropped to third in the list due to what appears to be a fingerprint magnet. Filco is chugging along nicely although has very few functionality keys and its a bit plain jane, for that sort of money.

QPAD MK80 just coming ahead for looks and functionality, and the reviews are pretty solid all round

Advertisement