Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Keyboard.

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Got a cheaper mechanical keyboard from work on Friday, cherry mx3000 or something, have to say it's a pleasure to use

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

If the QPad is the front-runner, would you just be getting the Blues for cheaper, or looking at another switch type? I ask because I should be getting a sampler of each switch type in the next week, and I could send it to you, to have a look at, if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Serephucus wrote: »
    If the QPad is the front-runner, would you just be getting the Blues for cheaper, or looking at another switch type? I ask because I should be getting a sampler of each switch type in the next week, and I could send it to you, to have a look at, if you like.

Very generous :)

I've actually been leaning towards Browns. There is a subreddit dedicated to mechanical keyboards which is a well of knowledge, and it appears Browns are the best for what I'm after, a good amount of gaming with typing.

Personally I find gaming and typing mutually exclusive, so I'm not looking into which one tilts the other, looking at which is best for both, and Browns seem a mile ahead.

Was also a bit of a swing this morning in favour of the Filco, while its not flashy or stylish, it seems to be miles ahead of the rest, simply put they are #1 for mechanical keyboards

So, that switch sampler kit just got dropped off at my door, as it happens. :P So that offer's still open to you.

It's actually a pretty nifty bit of kit. One switch, and one key-cap for each of the four main types of MX switch (no clears). I can tell one thing straight away: I'll never be getting reds. They just feel very un-natural.

RE switch choices: I thought the same as you, after trying Blues; I figures Browns would be similar, but quieter, and with less pronounced feedback. That's true, but it doesn't quite get across the feel of them. They're like a lighter, more precise, membrane keyboard. I was expecting something closer to Blues I suppose, so I while it's a massive step up from a membrane keyboard, I'll be going with Blues the next time I replace my keyboard (if only Logitech would manufacture a Blue version of their 710+).

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Linus had a 710 in the stream, crazy amount of gloss on there between the keys. Could never go near that thing.

• Advertisement

I'd probably paint mine if I got one. Mainly to get rid of that stupid orange trim more than the gloss (though I'd like that gone too).

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

i picked up a K60 on adverts yesterday. Just found it too much to be spending Eur110-130 on a keyboard. Have been thinking about it for a while so when I saw that I went for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

deejer wrote: »
    i picked up a K60 on adverts yesterday. Just found it too much to be spending Eur110-130 on a keyboard. Have been thinking about it for a while so when I saw that I went for it.

how do you find it m8?

That the Corsair one?

I scratched them off the list based on their OEM and a mate who had a Corsair one and said it was bollox : /

how do you find it m8?

ya the corsair k60. Its in the post so will let you know tomorrow or Wednesday!

What I really wanted was a Das Keyboard but a bit rich for me at the moment. It was between that or a test bench for xmas - test bench won

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ya the corsair k60. Its in the post so will let you know tomorrow or Wednesday!

What I really wanted was a Das Keyboard but a bit rich for me at the moment. It was between that or a test bench for xmas - test bench won

yeah, i cant afford 150eu on a keyboard. K60 and razer are on my list to get. though dont know when. :( Got completely screwed with hours at work lately :(

yeah, i cant afford 150eu on a keyboard. K60 and razer are on my list to get. though dont know when. :( Got completely screwed with hours at work lately :(

Ya I like the full hand rest on the razor.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/

That place is where I've been getting all my information , have a similar thread there and everyone telling me to go Filco.

Advertisement