Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girlfriend Playing Sonic

• 29-06-2012 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

This was my first game way back when I started gaming so I thought it would be as good a place to start as any when trying to get her into gaming. Hope its ok to post it here. This being the retro forum I though there might be some interest in it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

This was my first game way back when I started gaming so I thought it would be as good a place to start as any when trying to get her into gaming. Hope its ok to post it here. This being the retro forum I though there might be some interest in it

If she played any casual games before the retro classics can we expect a spin off series?

Because if there was a Lets Play called "How To Get Your Boyfriend to Play The Sims 2" (or something similar) I'd definitely watch. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

a5y wrote: »
    If she played any casual games before the retro classics can we expect a spin off series?

Because if there was a Lets Play called "How To Get Your Boyfriend to Play The Sims 2" (or something similar) I'd definitely watch. :D

I think we would need more than a youtube video to get any lad with any self respect to go and play the sims :p

When she was very young she said she played bits and pieces of Tekken and her personal favourite Abe's Oddysee so Im trying to get them at the moment. Its easier to play remastered retro games that are out now. We might go and do some minecraft either - neither of us had heard of it up until last week but it looks like fun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I think we would need more than a youtube video to get any lad with any self respect to go and play the sims :p
    As a guy who played the original Sims religiously I resent that remark! Few games can match the suspense of leaving Freddie Mercury, Madonna, Anna Navarre from Deus Ex and WWE wrestler Kane living together on your pc overnight, not knowing what you'd find in the morning. (I'm not saying he did it but there were a lot of urns and not a lot of people in Freddie's house that morning...)

Anyone who thinks of the Sims as a "casual" game has no fecking clue how much effort you have to put into earning promotions so you can build a pool, seduce your neighbours wives, invite them over for a swim and then delete the only ladder in the pool. It's hard work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Jesus her eyes freak me out :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

When she was very young she said she played bits and pieces of Tekken and her personal favourite Abe's Oddysee so Im trying to get them at the moment. Its easier to play remastered retro games that are out now. We might go and do some minecraft either - neither of us had heard of it up until last week but it looks like fun?
    http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/oddworld_abes_oddysee
    US $5.99, PC.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

you sir (or Ms) are beyond a hero. how can I check if my laptop will run it I dont see any spec requirements

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

you sir (or Ms) are beyond a hero. how can I check if my laptop will run it I dont see any spec requirements
    It's at the bottom in grey-on-grey text :pac:
    Minimum system requirements: Windows XP or Windows Vista, 1 GHz Processor (1.4 GHz recommended), 256MB RAM (512 recommended), 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended), Mouse, Keyboard.
    I'd be very surprised if it doesn't run for you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

EnterNow wrote: »

She is so pretty I'd be willing to let the psychotic behaviour slide.
    Also, I have access to a pharmacological cornucopia of anti-psychotic medication so she'd be within normal limits in no time....
    perhaps a little drooling, some bleeding gums, there may be some extra-pyramidal effects but other than that we'd be set!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

My bird just asked me what I'm doing on boards so much.
    She said she's afraid I might spark up a relationship with some girl on it that shares common interests.
    Ahhh the innocence my little petal...maybe though,just maybe.
    Keep reaching for the stars :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A sure fire sign of nuttiness is a lack of blinking, big give away that.
    It just makes everyone else in the room uncomfortable.
    Another one is an off gait.... something to do with an altered sense of postural awareness.

Hmm, feel like playing a spot of Arkham Asylum now!

She said she's afraid I might spark up a relationship with some girl on it that shares common interests.

I think she's actually getting into games - today was the first time she started playing sonic when I wasnt around (apparently she wanted to beat Robotnic :) ) fair play though shes on to the Marble zone now and I cant get near my xbox :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just wait til she gets to Labyrinth zone, cue the copious drowning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Ridiculous! Everyone knows that there are no women on the Internet, just men, men pretending to be women, and (male) FBI agents pretending to be children!

Well, Sera is a woman...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

And Retr0 is a woman...

I'd post the proof but I'm too lazy & we've all seen the pic

I had a couple of pm's asking when the next episode was going up - I dont want to spam this thread because I dunno when we'll be back to playing a retro game again but if people are interested the newest episode is up at the moment (Mortal Kombat).

If people want to follow the series the could always subscribe :)

/redic plugging :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Mind your ring! :pac:

that's what HE said!

Advertisement