Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hazelwood Accommodation Overnight Guests Policy

Options
  • 29-06-2012 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm hoping to be going to DCU in September and i'm looking for accommodation. I've been to view Hazelwood and they're nice enough. I'm a little worried about the overnight guests policy though as they told me it's not really allowed except for one night very occasionally and otherwise you have to pay 20euro per night. My boyfriend is in college in Galway and we plan to visit each other regularly for weekends etc so he needs to be able to stay with me. I also have friends in other colleges who plan to visit, as well as my sister. So really, somewhere that allows this is what I need. Does anyone know anything about this, someone who has lived in Hazelwood, are they strict on this? Is there anywhere that does allow overnight guests freely?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭FinnLizzy

Ah, don't worry! I lived there from 2010 - 2011 and I had my OH up from Sligo a shít tonne of times. Not to mention friends who stayed over.

The security are hard as nails, and they don't take shít. But they are human, and will treat you with respect if you respect them.

So if you're having a party, invite all the neighbours to avoid complaints or don't be too loud (if you're having nice chats, the music doesn't have to make the windows vibrate)

Anyways, with regards to guests. They won't know if anyone's staying the night, and they won't check in on you if you're not being loud.

They have loads of overlooked rules, and I enjoyed my time there. But it seemed to be the place for Shanowen rejects, :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Tiroskan

FinnLizzy wrote: »
    But it seemed to be the place for Shanowen rejects, :rolleyes:

Was that a good thing or a bad thing tho :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Hazelwood is right beside Woodhazel. Lack of imagination there.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Laura says

I also lived there for year just gone, so 2011/2012 as a first year in dcu and have to say never had a single problem with regards guests. Me and my housemates often had visitors without any hassle! As its been previously mentioned, the security guards dont take any nonsense. .saying that if your sound towards them. . they will be towards you, one good turn and all that :P

I have to say though, hazelwood is a fair walking distance from dcu and the complex isn't entirely students, it just made it more difficult in making friends as most dcu'ers lived in either shanowen or gateway. But if any of that doesn't bother ya. . you should have a great time there!

Advertisement