Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex BLOCKS me from seeing my children with NO vaild reason.....

Options
  • 29-06-2012 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Evening,

I am a father of 2 young children, this week i attended court and way denied access to my children.

This was a result of my ex partner application for a discharge of access being success. On the same day as i am unemployed a maintainence order was imposed at 20euro per week.

I have to decide weather to appeal or not and if so on what grounds. In the last 2 years i have seen my children only a few times as my ex partner denied me access or outlined the children were sick on access days.

In court my ex stated she didnt trust me, this is taking into account i was only with my ex a few weeks, and she never met ANY of my family, friends or knows nothing about me.

He lawyer looked to discredit me stating my behaviour was all over the place and i have mixed personalities. However she outlined why but with NO factual evidence to support her statements.

In brief my ex told me she would do anything to stop me seeing my children as this is exactly what she has done.

In Feb 2011 the last court date my ex and i was asked to go for an assessment last month we attended to my shock it was a psychological assessment. I refused to make my medical or legal records available.

On this bases the access is now STOP until such time i complete such an assessment. My lawyer stated i can appeal but it will fail over the non assessment as it is a live issue and will always be until it is completed.

Only today i have found out it is a section 47 and was shocked to see what is means as i would NEVER harm or hurt my children and there is no evidence to support this. The issue is with my ex partner and not with my kids and I who when i did have on access NEVER came to any harm.

What can i do? I have 12 days left to make an appeal or not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Speak to your solicitor, we cannot give legal advice here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement