Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes seek divorce

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭Burt Lancaster

drdeadlift wrote: »
    My Norwegian gf loves it..

I know she does, but what about the film ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

paddy147 wrote: »
    So do Holywood movie celebs (Cruise and Travolta ) just marry any woman to cover up their "hidden" sexuality??

Maybe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

You're not pointing out any double standards by saying that Tom Cruise is "in the closet." You're just taking a cheap shot at someone you don't like by alluding to their secret sexuality. Which is fine, but don't pretend it's anything else or a noble gesture. That's plain dishonest.

I think thats fair. Also its fair to say that Cruise should, however, not get married if he knows he is gay. And married more than once.

I always assumed that on this marriage someone would know what they were getting into, but Katie seems a naive sort.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

You're not pointing out any double standards by saying that Tom Cruise is "in the closet." You're just taking a cheap shot at someone you don't like by alluding to their secret sexuality. Which is fine, but don't pretend it's anything else or a noble gesture. That's plain dishonest.

I disagree.
    He's a nutjob - a hypocrite - and frankly a disgrace. End of story.
    You are right about one thing - I do not like him personally as a person.
    See my previous post as to reason why I dislike him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I think thats fair. Also its fair to say that Cruise should, however, not get married if he knows he is gay. And married more than once.

I always assumed that on this marriage someone would know what they were getting into, but Katie seems a naive sort.

Maybe he paid Katie a wad of cash to just stand by his side and smile,as aswell as a wad of something else (Suri).;):D:D

Now we have Travolta and his wife suddenly "wearing" the face off each other in front of all the media and cameras at a movie event last week.

Great way to try and avoid the rummors and reports of being gay.Lets snog in front of the cameras.FFS like

Even though the story broke recently that he reported to have had a 6 year gay relationship with a "close" pal behind his wifes back.

I pitty his wife in all of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Run free, Katie, run freeee!!!

I hate Scientology and all it stands for; I'd love to know how she got reeled into it, given that she was a devout Catholic up until she got with him (I remember her saying she was going to wait until marriage etc).

Although, having said that, he was training to be a priest before getting into acting. Maybe there's some link between Catholicism and Scientology? I'm pretty sure Travolta was raised Catholic too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I bet it won't be long before she ditches the Scientology.

She's seeking sole custody of the miserable child though. Very odd. I wonder what sort of leverage she has that makes her think she'll get that.

Run free, Katie, run freeee!!!

I hate Scientology and all it stands for; I'd love to know how she got reeled into it, given that she was a devout Catholic up until she got with him (I remember her saying she was going to wait until marriage etc).

Although, having said that, he was training to be a priest before getting into acting. Maybe there's some link between Catholicism and Scientology? I'm pretty sure Travolta was raised Catholic too....

Sounds like a great Fether Ted script.;):D

I bet it won't be long before she ditches the Scientology.

She's seeking sole custody of the miserable child though. Very odd. I wonder what sort of leverage she has that makes her think she'll get that.

"I,ll let your nasty little secret out of its "closet",if you dont let me have Suri"

Perhaps???:D

yekahS wrote: »
    So why is it that you felt the need to continuously point out that you think Tom Cruise is gay? You also clearly consider it as some form of mark against his character.

Also you're defence of "I've got gay friends" doesn't really wash pal.

:rolleyes:

Pal?

Ok!

I don't point it out. I do think he is a joke for advocating an org that thinks its a sickness and he trying to put a nice PR face on their stupid crass thinking.

As long as he stands for an org that is anti-gay/lesbian with its 'cure' - I will along with others, continue to show his org stupidity and daft mentality.
    The only cure that is needed is for him to get over himself and stop working for a cult.

I will continue to make a joke out of a person that is a joke!
    I make no apologies for that. He's a nut-job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

"I,ll let your nasty little secret out of its "closet",if you dont let me have Suri"

Perhaps???:D

Which secret though? He's faced rumours that he's secretly gay enough times that that will hardly bother him. She must have something much better than that up her sleeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

maybe they met and fell in love,got married and started a family together.but over time for whatever reasons grew apart and decided the best thing for all involved was to seperate as thousands like them do everyday.but that just would'nt make for good reading would it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Biggins wrote: »
    Pal?

Ok!

I don't point it out. I do think he is a joke for advocating an org that thinks its a sickness and he trying to put a nice PR face on their stupid crass thinking.

As long as he stands for an org that is anti-gay/lesbian with its 'cure' - I will along with others, continue to show his org stupidity and daft mentality.
    The only cure that is needed is for him to get over himself and stop working for a cult.

And Scientology is the only religion that has a problem with homosexuality or sexual expression? You are out of bounds here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I dunno. Hollywood is one weird place. Alot of people have married for business reasons. Like an arrangement. Even going as far as to adopt kids.

Weird.

fran17 wrote: »
    maybe they met and fell in love,got married and started a family together.but over time for whatever reasons grew apart and decided the best thing for all involved was to seperate as thousands like them do everyday.but that just would'nt make for good reading would it

Or maybe Tom likes the sausage even more than Katie does??:D

...he was training to be a priest before getting into acting...

To be fair, what that shows maybe is that he often thought about the non-materialistic side of life, the spiritual side of life.
    Sadly, in doing so, he was drawn in by the Scientology cult.
    I suspect this then through the years has further altered his mental state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

To be fair, what that shows maybe is that he often thought about the non-materialistic side of life, the spiritual side of life.

True, perhaps he was just looking for answers to the big questions. Still can't figure out why he felt the giant lizard Xenu was the answer though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭amacca

fran17 wrote: »

maybe..maybe not

you are definitely right...the possibility above is boring.............

it could also be that if you are that rich (his nickname in Hollywood circles is the luxury cruise apparently) and driven and possibly deranged a marriage to anyone is unlikely to last with or without it possibly being a sham marriage to cover up his sexuality

I reckon if you are that rich etc a lot of the stuff that holds more average couples together just does not exist - then again a lot of the pressures that drive more average/normal couples apart dont exist either

+ how did he con Holmes and Kidman into these marriages - it was hardly a career booster for holmes - maybe he does deserve that oscar:D

ho hum its a juicy gossipy conundrum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

That's fine. You have every right to and nobody's criticising you making fun of him. But your intentions clearly aren't as noble as you make out. "Tom Cruise is in the closet" doesn't expose Scientology as a homophobic organisation. Even if you do it elsewhere, you're not doing that here. Just be as honest as you think he should be and admit you enjoy taking the piss out of him for being gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Party Supply Van

Yo Bigins, I got all these happy 30,000 post party hats and banners. They're out in the van.
    It's just a guy in the car park told me to forget about the whole thing, the whole night's fookin wrecked he said. What you want me to do with them? Stick them up me hole or wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

tom cruise is not gay.the gay community are always lookin for a poster boy to shout about but he aint it

Shryke wrote: »
    And Scientology is the only religion that has a problem with homosexuality or sexual expression? You are out of bounds here.

You are right that others have a problem with it.
    Thankfully the main others though are not so stupid to advocate that they have a 'cure' and state its a mental illness.

Factions of other religions have come out (in America alone, his home country) and in smaller daftness, tried to say same.
    Thankfully they are as the saying goes "laughed out of the water".

...And rightly so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I dont agree with Cruise's beliefs, but I do like him as an actor. He's meant to be a gent on set and a complete professional. He is the biggest movie star in the world bar none, and one of the few actors whose name alone can sell a movie. Also a far better actor he's given credit for and is well overdue an Oscar, Born On The Fourth Of July? Magnolia? Jerry Maguire? Collateral? all phenomenal performances.

name me any other movie star that would do this without a stunt double or cgi:

balls of fcuking steel that guy must have.

so he's getting divorced, meh, I hate celeb gossip culture so let people do what they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Woo Hoo , this is great news . I wonder will she want a rebound thing if so I am up for it .

• Advertisement

Yo Bigins, I got all these happy 30,000 post party hats and banners. They're out in the van.
    It's just a guy in the car park told me to forget about the whole thing, the whole night's fookin wrecked he said. What you want me to do with them? Stick them up me hole or wha?

Just drink the beer and have fun. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Pal?

Ok!

Load of hot air there buddy! Not making a whole lot of sense!

Its as clear as day that you get a good old kick out of taking the mick out of Cruise because you think he's hiding something.

Normally its people who have something to hide themselves that take an unusual preoccupation with someone else's sexuality. :eek:

You're alright though campadre, you're amongst friends here. :cool:

That's fine. You have every right to and nobody's criticising you making fun of him. But your intentions clearly aren't as noble as you make out. "Tom Cruise is in the closet" doesn't expose Scientology as a homophobic organisation. Even if you do it elsewhere, you're not doing that here. Just be as honest as you think he should be and admit you enjoy taking the piss out of him for being gay.

...But he's not gay so we're told.
    ...Thus the butt of jokes! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

You are right that others have a problem with it.
    Thankfully the main others though are not so stupid to advocate that they have a 'cure' and state its a mental illness.

Factions of other religions have come out (in America alone, his home country) and in smaller daftness, tried to say same.
    Thankfully they are as the saying goes "laughed out of the water".

...And rightly so!

eh, the catholic church says homosexuality is evil, and a threat to humankind.

Load of hot air there buddy! Not making a whole lot of sense!

Its as clear as day that you get a good old kick out of taking the mick out of Cruise because you think he's hiding something.

Normally its people who have something to hide themselves that take an unusual preoccupation with someone else's sexuality. :eek:

You're alright though campadre, you're amongst friends here. :cool:

Do I think he is gay - I suspect it (as do many).
    I would give him a bit of credit if he stopped with the double standards IF he was gay.
    If he did admit to being gay - fair play to him, in that alone I would wish him nothing but well - end of story.
    As long as he continues with the cult he's in, he's leaving himself open to reticule and if that includes their policy on gayness, he deserves to be exposed for it while he continues to be their main PR frontman.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    I dont agree with Cruise's beliefs, but I do like him as an actor. He's meant to be a gent on set and a complete professional. He is the biggest movie star in the world bar none, and one of the few actors whose name alone can sell a movie. Also a far better actor he's given credit for and is well overdue an Oscar, Born On The Fourth Of July? Magnolia? Jerry Maguire? Collateral? all phenomenal performances.

name me any other movie star that would do this without a stunt double or cgi:

balls of fcuking steel that guy must have.

so he's getting divorced, meh, I hate celeb gossip culture so let people do what they want.

Tom Cruise sitting on something very big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Tom Cruise sitting on something very big.

What an evocative image.

I rekon Alan Carr or Graham Norton swinging out of that Burj Khalifa would be a funny sight allright.

At least they know they are gay and dont have to live in self denial.

krudler wrote: »
    eh, the catholic church says homosexuality is evil, and a threat to humankind.

Yea, well as I previously said, others think like Scientology to some extent - thankfully to some even smaller degree, have not been so mainly daft as to start rabbiting on about cures!

...And for the record, the org in Rome I would state for other reasons, is bad - but in other areas also (but thats a whole other main topic).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Yea, well as I previously said, others think like Scientology to some extent - thankfully to some even smaller degree, have not been so mainly daft as to start rabbiting on about cures!

...And for the record, the org in Rome I would state for other reasons, is bad - but in other areas also (but thats a whole other main topic).

Intolerance and demonising of homosexuality is not any better than claiming to be able to cure it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I knew she'd run back to Dawson eventually.

That man has a jawline you could set your watch by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

Well it does look like Tom Cruise is gay. Pretty much everyone on this site seems to think so. http://www.blurtit.com/q469906.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

You dont know who is gay in Hollywood.
    They say Charlton Heston was and also had "a liking for younger boys" accordingly. It actually said that on his IMDB.com trivia a few years ago :pac:

got taken down now tho it seems.

Shryke wrote: »
    Intolerance and demonising of homosexuality is not any better than claiming to be able to cure it.

Your right.
    I just have an intolerance for Cruise and what he stands for/advocates.

If anyone has an intolerance for gays, lesbians or anything of other sexual orientation, I frankly do NOT want to know such stupid, out of date idiots.

Some of my best friends all though my many years, are of the gay/lesbian community.
    I wouldn't have it any other way.
    We have cried, laughed, got drunk, fallen down and lifted ourselves up again many times together - and I wouldn't change a thing nor the good memories of such times.
    My wife (madmammy) whom also posts here on a rare occasion, also feels the same way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Your right.
    I just have an intolerance for Cruise and what he stands for/advocates.

If anyone has an intolerance for gays, lesbians or anything of other sexual orientation, I frankly do NOT want to know such stupid, out of date idiots.

Some of my best friends all though my many years, are of the gay/lesbian community.
    I wouldn't have it any other way.
    We have cried, got drunk, fallen down and lifted ourselves up again many times - and I wouldn't change a thing nor the good memories of such times.
    My wife (madmammy) whom also posts here on a rare occasion, also feels the same way.

The "some of my best friends are black" defence hasn't worked in decades. Get with the program pal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭sxt

Your right.

Do you have an equally intolerant view of the Catholic church and its teachings and the majority of the main world religions that teach the same...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Must be time for a group hug, in a purely platonic kind of way.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Ho-li Sh1t!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Can't say I'm surprised, I always felt uncomfortable watching them together - always looked like very 'wooden' acting.

As an aside, I have always found Biggins to be a very rational and tolerant poster. This is AH's and a lot of his comments were tongue-in-cheek AH's style.

Cruise's sexuality has been the subject of speculation for years, and as for the Scientology aspect ............ well that's fair game imo.

The "some of my best friends are black" defence hasn't worked in decades. Get with the program pal.

Let put it this way.
    Over many of my near 30,000 posts, if I remember right, you will find me standing up for gay rights and others that are frowned upon by others - in many topics.
    I said to my wife that someone thinks I have problem with gays - and she just laughed.

You clearly do not know me - but please feel free to think you know me when you don't.
    It just goes to show you should never judge a person just by what you translate in your mind as a picture you think is true, via the internet.

Other posters here - and including members that have actually met me in person - would tell you that those that think I have a problem with others of different sexual orientation, really are far, far wrong.

I can understand how you might wish to see my posts - fair enough - but in my being against others of a differentiated sexual persuasion?
    In that you would be very wrong. Sorry about that. :)

sxt wrote: »
    Then, you have an equally intolerant view of the Catholic church and its teachings surely... and most other religious teachings for that matter

Do I think the Rome org is corrupt? Yes.
    Do I think that every person has the right to follow a genuine religion/faith/way of life? Yes. No argument.
    Do I retain the right to point out the wrongs of religious (and non-religious) organisations? I hope I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

MrStuffins wrote: »
    CavanCrew wrote: »
    Thank GOD, Hes a couch jumping, scientology freak :confused:

Belief in universe overlord and soul catchers in the sky = freak.

Belief in a man in the sky who reads your thoughts and his 2000 year old zombie son = normal!

A lot of us happen to think the latter are deluded also.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

If cruise & travolta & whoever else are in fact gay, why keep up the pretence all these years?
    If it is true it must be an exhausting life to lead.

Honestly, if someone's sexual orientation is going to influence an audience, one way or another, wouldn't you think they would find a different day job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

never liked tom cruise hes too over the top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭sxt

Do I think the Rome org is corrupt? Yes.
    Do I think that every person has the right to follow a genuine religion/faith/way of life? Yes. No argument.
    Do I retain the right to point out the wrongs of religious (and non-religious) organisations? I hope I do.

But Why are you bringing his religion into it ? Who cares what he does or does not believe in?

Did you attack Ronan Keating for his religious beliefs When he got a divorce?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement