Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes seek divorce

1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Delancey wrote: »
    Anyone ever noticed how the careers of the women in Cruises life take off ? Nicole Kidman , Penelope Cruz and now Katie Holmes have benefitted massively from their marriages/association with him.
    Poor Mimi Rogers seems to be stuck on the made-for-TV treadmill though.

I actually thought Katie Holmes was doing very well beforehand.
    Afterwards (her marriage) she seems to have filtered out as a main attraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Delancey wrote: »
    Anyone ever noticed how the careers of the women in Cruises life take off ? Nicole Kidman , Penelope Cruz and now Katie Holmes have benefitted massively from their marriages/association with him.
    Poor Mimi Rogers seems to be stuck on the made-for-TV treadmill though.

Poor Mimi married him too early in his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Fentdog84 wrote: »
    :confused: wtf like! Bit of a brain twister mate

Yeah I've been trying to figure it out myself. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

Biggins wrote: »
    :eek:

I probably wouldn't stand being in a room five minutes without trying to convert him over to the bight side! :D

I read a book called the game, by Neil Strauss not sure if your aware of it it's about PUA. He devotes a whole chapter to a meeting he had with Cruise in the middle of a desert and it was one of the strangest experiences of his life. He found Cruise extremely friendly, but manipulating and it was obvious that he was trying to convert Strauss from the get go. No doubt, those Scientology folk are weird fruitcakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭sxt

I read a book called the game, by Neil Strauss not sure if your aware of it it's about PUA. He devotes a whole chapter to a meeting he had with Cruise in the middle of a desert and it was one of the strangest experiences of his life. He found Cruise extremely friendly, but manipulating and it was obvious that he was trying to convert Strauss from the get go. No doubt, those Scientology folk are weird fruitcakes.

I reckon they are lining tom cruise up to be the next president of the united states

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Yeah, like I said in my previous post, Cruise has always struck me as somewhat of a control freak. His dogged devotion to Scientology certainly contributed to the breakdown of his second marriage and could well have been a mitigating factor in the breakdown of this one.

Curiously, both Kidman and Holmes are both Roman Catholics and never converted to Scientology, unlike John Travolta's wife.

Yeah, like I said in my previous post, Cruise has always struck me as somewhat of a control freak. His dogged devotion to Scientology certainly contributed to the breakdown of his second marriage and could well have been a mitigating factor in the breakdown of this one.

Curiously, both Kidman and Holmes are both Roman Catholics and never converted to Scientology, unlike John Travolta's wife.

Would it surprise you that his wife introduced him to scientology?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

sxt wrote: »
    Would it surprise you that his wife introduced him to scientology?

His first wife did, yeah. He was raised Roman Catholic himself.

Yeah I've been trying to figure it out myself. :o

Got it. In that case they are no better than Islam fundamentalists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Strange fact of the day - Cruise's three wives were all 33 when then divorced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Shryke wrote: »
    Ah Chuck, playing someone impaired doesn't make you a good actor. It has to be one of the easiest things to do. I know a few lads that can do some pretty shameless impressions. Watch Rain Man and actually look at the performances. Dustin Hoffman doesn't do jack. It has to be one of his easiest roles. Cruise on the other hand was excellent and completely overlooked because of Hoffman.
    I don't see how playing a down and out would show chops. Like acting like a bum would be taxing.

THANK YOU, someone who finally agrees with me that Cruise had the tougher part in that movie.

anyway, judge the art, not the artist I say, a lot, a LOT of celebrities have done some scummy things and are generally assholes, doesnt stop people idolising them.

Well your entitled to that opinion.

I will just say that if we don't speak up against what we consider or see to be wrong. then "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke).

...And I would add, that I would fight for you to maintain that your able to have an opinion - even if it was to differ many times from my own.
    Your right.
    I just have an intolerance for Cruise and what he stands for/advocates.

If anyone has an intolerance for gays, lesbians or anything of other sexual orientation, I frankly do NOT want to know such stupid, out of date idiots.

This is my point, You are demonizing a famous person in the news ,Tom cruise,without any facts, because as you state

"If anyone has an intolerance for gays, lesbians or anything of other sexual orientation, I frankly do NOT want to know such stupid, out of date idiots."

You are basically referring to nearly all world religions...

krudler wrote: »
    THANK YOU, someone who finally agrees with me that Cruise had the tougher part in that movie.

anyway, judge the art, not the artist I say, a lot, a LOT of celebrities have done some scummy things and are generally assholes, doesnt stop people idolising them.

i agree. playing the ''straight man'' if you like is always way more difficult and less glamorous. One of his many fine roles, if not his finest. He's an amazing actor, no doubt about it, he could do anything.

Ps no pun intended!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Strange fact of the day - Cruise's three wives were all 33 when then divorced.

Maybe he likes them young :p:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

sxt wrote: »
    This is my point, You are demonizing a famous person in the news,Tom cruise,without any facts...

Well firstly, it should make no difference if he is famous or not.
    Secondly, I opinionate based on the very facts that I do know and learned over decades of opposing Scientology and its twisted ways.
    ...As such, I have found that all whom are still wrapped up in the cult, differ little if at all, from the limited mental blinkered ability they gain from being too deep into the twisted org.
    ...And thats not just my own opinion. Its of many that have opposed in serious nature, the org.

And again, you voicing opposition opinion about my vocalising an opinion - when your once again stating your own opinion about mine!
    What irony!

• Advertisement

Well firstly, it should make no difference if he is famous or not.

Why didn't you abuse Ronan keating for being a catholic yet you abuse Tom cruise with no facts...
    Your right.
    I just have an intolerance for Cruise and what he stands for/advocates.

If anyone has an intolerance for gays, lesbians or anything of other sexual orientation, I frankly do NOT want to know such stupid, out of date idiots.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Closed until someone actually gives a fuck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement