Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes to divorce (?)

• 29-06-2012 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭

Just read this on RTE news entertainment and Sky News - can't provide link cos I'm on iPhone.

Hopefully she has finally seen sense!

Sorry didn't realise there was a whole thread dedicated to celebrity break ups! Feel free to close this mods

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

tom is a lunatic i would say he was probably unbearable to be with overcontrolling and all scientology..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18653268

Guess the brainwashing didn't take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Aren't her parents divorce lawyers?

I wonder who he'll try to rope in next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Apparently Jessica Alba was his first choice and when she wasn't interested then he moved in on Katie Holmes. He seems to always pick women who are taller than him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Apparently Jessica Alba was his first choice and when she wasn't interested then he moved in on Katie Holmes. He seems to always pick women who are taller than him though.

That wouldn't be hard tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Keno 92 wrote: »
    That wouldn't be hard tbf.

Yeah he is only around 5.6 or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It says in that article that Katie is seeking sole custody. I hope that's true and she wins. There is something very odd about that man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

I like Tom.

There, I said it. A lot of the criticism he gets is uncalled for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Who cares?

Allegedly he had his eyes on Scarlet Johanssen before he got involved with Holmes.

I like Tom.

I don't DISlike him, I just think he's mad as a bag of Ferets.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Allegedly he had his eyes on Scarlet Johanssen before he got involved with Holmes.

I like Tom.

I don't DISlike him, I just think he's mad as a bag of Ferets.

I like that though!

Too many bland, mundane, faceless celebrities nowadays

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I've been waiting for this for years. Always suspected they had some deal - marriage, one child, etc then divorce after X amount of time. Her career took a serious nose dive during the marriage. I can't even name any movies she made recently. I'd love to hear her take on it but suspect the prenup will has serious confidentiality clauses.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Sam Kade, if you don't care, don't comment.

Read the Charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

She gets 3 million for every year married (5 years) and the 35million Mansion in Cali as part of the pre nup, full custody (if granted) will probably be another million+ a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 kate1610

Yet another article about the divorce..
    http://www.extratv.com/2012/06/30/tom-cruise-katie-holmes-divorce-details/
    Must be hard for them having all the private details about it publicised :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

She gets 3 million for every year married (5 years) and the 35million Mansion in Cali as part of the pre nup, full custody (if granted) will probably be another million+ a year.

WOW :) That's a lot of money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

apparently. Was this marriage entered into under Scientology?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

I see no1 has said it yet so....

I CALL DIBS** ON KATIE. HOLMES!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 faris kreshan

they were a cute couple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

It's alleged he interviewed for the role as he wanted to have a biological heir. I'd love to know why him and Nicole really split up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Merkin wrote: »
    It's alleged he interviewed for the role as he wanted to have a biological heir. I'd love to know why him and Nicole really split up?

Probably because George Michael is more his type! ;)

Merkin wrote: »
    I'd love to know why him and Nicole really split up?

They really seemed the perfect couple, didn't they.

After seeing Stanley Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut" [about ten times] and reading many commentaries, I think one might get a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Bluesteel7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

they were a cute couple

I can't see how anyone could see that from their arranged and fake relationship.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It says in that article that Katie is seeking sole custody. I hope that's true and she wins. There is something very odd about that man.

Maybe true, but what's her excuse getting mixed up with him and that whole Scientology crap? To her he was a meal ticket, someone to further her own career and agenda; but it didn't quite work out how she hoped.

The whole celebrity scene is like incest. It's just so far removed from normality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sorry but their daughter Suri looks like a brat in every picture and Katie has looked miserable since she got with Tom and her career went downhill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Aidan_a

tom is a lunatic i would say he was probably unbearable to be with overcontrolling and all scientology..

Yeah I completely agree, he's seems very overbearing. Did a bit of research into the whole Scientology thing.. very weird. Sounds like something out of Orwell's 1984, I'm glad that Katie has seen sense to remove her daughter from it before it completely brainwashes her..

This sums it up really.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Willow20

She would need 3 billion to put up with his crap! He is a very strange man indeed!!!

Some papers report that the religion is part of the problem.

IMO it reinforces why parents should NOT have the right to teach their children any religion.

Someone also just reminded me that TCs 50th was yesterday.

Whilst Holmes is allegedly claiming the Marriage was long since over....... it seems kind of like the timing was out of spite.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

That kid Suri- is there something wrong with her legs? Katie always seems to be carrying her in every photo except for one where she's bawling (Suri I mean). Seems a bit weird.

Jane Eyre wrote: »
    That kid Suri- is there something wrong with her legs? Katie always seems to be carrying her in every photo except for one where she's bawling (Suri I mean). Seems a bit weird.

Ah now in fairness I have seen just as many photos of Suri walking, in six inch heels!:)

gbee wrote: »
    Some papers report that the religion is part of the problem.

Wow! That's some serious investigative reporting!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Jane Eyre wrote: »

I always presumed it was because of paparazzi - easier to move a child quickly if she's carried. It is a little odd at this stage - she is 6 now.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Xenu must be going apeshit with all the negative publicity a few loose-cannon Thetans are causing for Sendusyourdoshology.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The one I pity most in this sad saga is the unfortunate little girl, torn between two egotistical parents and also two religions, one as weird as the other.

I sure hope for her sake that the apple falls far from the tree, or to be more precise the shit falls far from the bat.;);)

[QUOTE=Ellis Dee;79649555 The one I pity most in this sad saga is the unfortunate little girl, [/QUOTE]

Which is why I think it is child abuse to bring any child up in any religion.

, OK Tom send me a $1,000,000 :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement