Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dietary advice for sensitive stomach

Options
  • 29-06-2012 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭

For the past few months my stomach has been feeling super sensitive. Making rumbling noises when I'm not hungry and finding myself visiting the bathroom more often.

Went to the doctor about it but got no satisfaction out of it and am the same as ever. Considering going to another doctor for a second opinion.

Could I have a food allergy? Or does have anyone have any tips on what i should be eating?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Get a second opinion, if something is not right get it looked at by someone who is willing. Some GPs in this country do the bare minimum they have to at stomach and digestive troubles.

Id advise FODMAPS - an elimination based diet as it may or may not be diet based. This is likely to rid what is causing distress if its dietary

http://cassandraforsythe.com/blog/Complete+FODMAP+List+For+a+Happy+Gut/
    http://fodmapsdiet.com/background/

Under this elimination diet, some bread substitutes are said to be OK but id advoid this like the plague too

Don't forget just how important

1.Sleep is
    2. Stress is

to a healthy digestive environment - if stressed and/or burning the midnight oil - you are eventually asking or trouble

BUT - back to a 2nd doctor who is willing to investigate further

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Dr.Strange

Get at least two tins of beans into you a day, this works wonders for me.

Good luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

mint tea or camomile tea

goats cheese is very easy on the stomach

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

Get a second opinion, if something is not right get it looked at by someone who is willing. Some GPs in this country do the bare minimum they have to at stomach and digestive troubles.

Id advise FODMAPS - an elimination based diet as it may or may not be diet based. This is likely to rid what is causing distress if its dietary

http://cassandraforsythe.com/blog/Complete+FODMAP+List+For+a+Happy+Gut/
    http://fodmapsdiet.com/background/

Under this elimination diet, some bread substitutes are said to be OK but id advoid this like the plague too

Don't forget just how important

1.Sleep is
    2. Stress is

to a healthy digestive environment - if stressed and/or burning the midnight oil - you are eventually asking or trouble

BUT - back to a 2nd doctor who is willing to investigate further

Thats great, thanks. I definitely could do with adjusting my sleeping pattern. Don't feel particularly stressed, quiet part of the year in work and no personal issues.

Will try out the diet and go to a better doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Keep a food diary and make notes of when your stomach is acting up. That way you might be able to pinpoint what foods are causing problems.

It might also be worth cutting out foods that can commonly cause digestive problems and see if that helps. E.g. wheat, dairy and spicy foods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

mint tea or camomile tea

goats cheese is very easy on the stomach

I'm trying out peppermint tea the last few days. Too early to comment yet on whether its working. Will try some goats cheese. Thanks

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

+1 million for fodmaps diet.

Scientifically proven and you don't need to avoid all fodmaps forever, just eliminate all at first and then re-introduce to find ones your sensitive to.

Advertisement