Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Points/ Subjects

Options
  • 29-06-2012 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

i am going into 5th year and i am thinking of doing frech, art , accounting and chemistry however chemistry is supposed to be really hard, therefore i was wondering how they grade the points as i think they choose your best 6 subjects and add up their totals so would that mean that it wouldn't really matter if i did terrible in chemistry?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Liquid_Origin

Hi! Yeah for the Leaving Cert they take your best six and add them together, so you can have one subject you're awful with and just ignore it.

However in my opinion this is a poor mindset to have. If you go in saying to yourself that you're only going to do six subjects properly and half arse the other there's a possibility of getting stung on a paper and losing out big time due to it. You should always give your subjects your best shot. You never know what might happen!

As for Chemistry, I loved it. It was difficult but I did pretty well on the higher level paper after putting in the effort. I also did accounting and french too. I personally found accounting a lot harder than Chemistry, but that might just be me.

Hope this helps slightly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 emic508

yeah that helps alot thanks and i dont mean that i wont try my best and put in a huge effort at any subject i just mean that if i decide to do it and think that on the paper i did terrible that then it just wont be a huge waste of points.

Advertisement