Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressure Kegs?

Options
  • 29-06-2012 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Evening Gentlemen,

A friend of mine was cleaning out a relatives shed and found these. From what I gather they are Vina 5 Gallon pressure kegs. Has anyone had any experience with these? I think some parts are missing and believe that 8gr CO2 bulbs are used to draw the beer out. Has anyone ever used these, do you simply mix a kit in and leave it ferment or do you need an airlock on it?

Also are the valves in a salvageable condition?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

I got a free one off adverts before.

White one looks perfectly fine. C02 capsule on top to top it up, can buy the cap&valve for 4/5 euro from any of the home brew stores in Dublin. We got ours from a guy in Rathmines who's unfortunately moved to online only.

Need a new tap on the left it looks like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Most people would brew the beer in a primary fermenter and transfer to the pressure keg when fermentation has ceased for priming and keg conditioning. This will remove the yeasty sediment, and clarify the beer.

Advertisement