Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Honey Rush

Options
  • 29-06-2012 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Does any one where I could get my hands on some local honey around Rush loughshinny. The young lads hay fever is pretty bad and the tablets are not doing much good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

What about the Farmers market at Skerries Mills?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

ElleEm wrote: »
    What about the Farmers market at Skerries Mills?
    Nice 1 thanks thats a good idea. Do you know when its on. I was there a few years ago and think it was Sunday morning but not sure.

If anyone has any other sources please respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Does any one where I could get my hands on some local honey around Rush loughshinny. The young lads hay fever is pretty bad and the tables are doing much good.

If I can swing this off topic slightly, how will honey help?
    I ask this as a chronic sufferer :)

Taken from here to answer your question
    Angsmiling4.jpg.jpg

Using Local Honey for Allergies

by Thomas Leo Ogren
    As one who makes his living by writing about allergies and asthma I am often asked about the potential health benefits of using local honey. Honey contains bits and pieces of pollen and honey, and as an immune system booster, it is quite powerful. I have often in talks and articles, and in my books, advocated using local honey. Frequently I’ll get emails from readers who want to know exactly what I mean by local honey, and how “local” should it be.

<snip> - Mod note - only one para plus link allowed for copyrighted material as a result of the Sherlock SI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

The website doesn't say of they sell honey or not but it's open 10am- 4pm on a Saturday.
    Maybe look up some other Farmer's Markets in the area. I know there's one in Balbriggan every Friday morning too.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help people. They had none in the farmers market but a nice lady pointed me in the the direction of the Black Olive in Skerries and I got a jar there. I also got a few leads on Facebook from the Rush page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Thanks for your help people. They had none in the farmers market but a nice lady pointed me in the the direction of the Black Olive in Skerries and I got a jar there. I also got a few leads on Facebook from the Rush page.

Thanks Brian. I'll check that out myself.
    I was in supervalue in balbriggan today, sometimes they have local produce. The best they have is the boyne valley stuff. Thats made in mell, drogheda. I wonder how local is local?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

afaik... Boyne valley honey is a blend of foreign honeys (Eu)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Gerrys in Skerries sells honey from Loughshinny. My wife used it before for hayfever and felt that it helped her.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dubsontour

laros wrote: »
    afaik... Boyne valley honey is a blend of foreign honeys (Eu)

I did not know that, probably why it has not helped my hayfever:(.
    Got the local Skerries honey in "Olive"in Skerries yesterday..5.99.
    I hope it works!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement