Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CMS like Menupages.ie

Options
  • 29-06-2012 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi
    Does anyone know if there is a package that will give me functionality like my menupages.ie or something similiar. I basically want to allow users search for an artist in an area. The artist can create an account and upload their info , add pictures and links etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

menupages is bespoke. But any CMS like Drupal would allow that functionality. There are many templates and addons available to let you customise it the way you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aoife1981

To get something like this you'll need something like asp.net (i.e. get made specifically for you) - can be expensive but it can also look great so a bit of a trade off.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

you'll need something like asp.net
    or xAMP or Java Enterprise or lots of other options too!
    The point being there are many development tools and frameworks but they are hardly a solution just another develeopment tool.

But why start from scratch when you could begin with something that provides the bulk of what's needed? And most CMS offer that let's face it menus is little more than a basic CMS with some review module.

An added advantage of this route is that if you select an open source CMS you can be sure you'll never be be locked into the supplier (if they don't meet your services expectations for example).

With open source CMS most people go Joomla or Wordpress (which started out as a blogging MS but seems to have a lot of people here on boards praising it as a CMS)... But if you planned to do some extensions I hear much goods things about Drupal. Another benefit is LAMP solutions are also very cheap to host which might be important in the early days of any venture.

Advertisement