Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Fitness Centre at the Abbeyleix Hotel but ....

Options
  • 29-06-2012 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

is €39.95 a month not a bit saucy for gym membership with no pool? Saw the flyer yesterday and rang up for some info. The helpful girl told me it was opening hopefully next week and the price - but if I'm remembering right you could membership in any of the three hotels in Portlaoise, who all have pools, saunas, steam rooms etc for the same price. The receptionist didn't think there was a special price for 3 months/6 months or if there was couples/family reductions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

If it was in Portlaoise the comparison would be fairer. As it's not though they aren't directly competing with the 3 in Portlaoise.

If you are living in Abbeyleix and don't work near Portlaoise, then the cost of driving over and back several times a week needs to be factored into any comparison too. I'm sure they considered that when pricing was decided upon.

What's the going rate for a gym membership in Abbeyleix? If this is to be the only gym currently available there then basic supply and demand comes into it.

Advertisement