Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taking up spanish?

• 29-06-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

i need a language nd i was wonderin wud it take much to learn spanish outside of school? all i want is a pass in ordinary level spanish leaving cert

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭anBoMor

Taking all the languages I did into account (Spanish, French, German and Irish), the easiest to pass just by the oral was German.
    With Spanish, there are 4/5 roleplays which are easy enough, French has nothing you can really prepare in advance and German has 5 picture sequences AND 5 roleplays. Taking those into account, you really can't fail just by basic learning.
    Although it was never my best or favourite subject, I think German would be easy enough to pick up and pass at Ordinary, more so than Spanish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Why not pick up something intended for starting in 5th yr like Japanese or Russian? Bit harder than the Latin ones and German but starting that late could be tough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 junior100

wud it be easy to learn it online or through grinds nd stuff??

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭KKBL

You should do Japanese for your Leaving Cert. Its different to all the others (French, German, Spanish) because you start from a beginners level in 5th year.

Advertisement