Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFC Playoff Picture

Options
  • 29-06-2012 9:30pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Currently:

1. Giants 11-1
    2. Lions 10-2
    3. Buccs 10-2
    4. Cardinals 8-4
    5. Packers 9-4
    6. Bears 9-4

In the Hunt:

49ers 6-7
    Seahawks 6-6
    Redskins 6-6
    Cowboys 6-6

Key Games:

Week 14

49ers @ Bears
    Seahawks @ Lions

Week 15:

Cardinals @ Seahawks
    Lions @ Packers

Week 16:

Packers @ Bears
    49ers @ Cardinals

Week 17:

Lions @ Bears
    Seahawks @ Packers

There you go, this one is going down to the wire you'd feel. At first glance it looks like both wildcards will come from the North, however a closer look at the schedule shows that a lot of these teams need to play one another so anything can happen.

The Buccs and Giants are pretty much in and a lot will depend on when the cardinals get their head coach back, but with all the games above still to be played it's really up in the air and probably won't be decided until week 17.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I'm pretty sure I'm in as the skins and the cowboys can't catch me. They can only get to 10 wins.

I also hold tiebreakers over the bucks and lions. With Berty looking good for the top seed in the AFC, looks like the play offs are going through New York....well Jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Thinking the Rams are gonna have some say too...49ers an me sharing wins the last two seasons.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

madalig12 wrote: »
    Thinking the Rams are gonna have some say too...49ers an me sharing wins the last two seasons.

definitely have a say, you're not too far off the play-offs either but probably too far back from the seaawks and Cards even if you beat me twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

adrian522 wrote: »
    definitely have a say, you're not too far off the play-offs either but probably too far back from the seaawks and Cards even if you beat me twice.

My failure to beat the cpu more than once this season has cost me big style. I'd be at least second in the group if I had won half my cpu games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Bears just leaving the door open a tiny bit, with a tight loss to the CPU Vikings. Things getting interesting in the NFC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It all comes down to the NFC North with who's going to go through and who's not.

Week 15 see Packers play the Lions.
    Week 16 see Packers play the Bears.
    Week 17 see Lions play the Bears.

Teams outside of number 6 will be hoping for the Bears to lose both of those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

SantryRed wrote: »
    It all comes down to the NFC North with who's going to go through and who's not.

Week 15 see Packers play the Lions.
    Week 16 see Packers play the Bears.
    Week 17 see Lions play the Bears.

Teams outside of number 6 will be hoping for the Bears to lose both of those games.
    Think I need 1 more win to get a wildcard spot. Obviously need a win tomorrow to win hope to win the division. If I have a wildcard spot on the last day of the regular season and the division is settled it could turn out favourable for the Bears.

Advertisement