Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless issue on new pc

Options
  • 29-06-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm currently having a problem with the wireless internet on my new custom build.

I was using the ASUS PCE-N150 wireless card. I get full bars but it kept disconnecting. I updated the latest drivers and reinstalled the device but internet access was very poor.
    So I bought the netgear N150 wireless adapter and the connection never drops however that gives 2mb down .02mb up where as my laptop right next to it gives 11mb down and 3 mb up. Trying to download from any sites to the desktop give a max download speed of 190kb.

I havea 20meg line.

I'm at a loss of what to check next.
    Anyone else have any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Login to your router and change wireless channel. Get inssider, install it on your laptop and scan to see what channels are in use nearby, pick a channel well away from existing networks

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

I changed the wireless channel ...no joy.

I ended up hauling my computer to the router and connected it directly through ethernet. I disabled the wireless and still only getting 2mb download on speedtest. I did the same with my laptop and got 31mb down. So that rules the wireless issue.

I updated all the drivers.
    Changed duplex to 100mb full in the ethernet advanced settings.

I'm guessing its an ethernet lan issue? Or some issue effecting the overall transfer of data somewhere.

Anyone have any idea at all?

Advertisement