Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you judge your food?

• 29-06-2012 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

You see them there on the television nibbling and playing with their food before giving a final verdict on it's edibility. My take on this whole food extravaganza is it's there to keep you from starving and you should be glad for the bit of fodder. Do you actually judge your food before eating? Like your going to eat it anyway surely.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

I usually throw one too many things in and end up with a mess. Making soup and I'd decide to add a spoon of mayonnaise or something stupid for no apparent reason (I'm a master curdler). Then usually sit there knowing full well it isnt fit for human consumption trying to force myself to eat it in the hope I wont be such a maverick the next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Of course i do, i compare everything to my wife's cooking skills, and nothing matches...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

these days ill eat anything i have to stop that habit,im cutting down gradually the best way to tackle it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Do you judge your food?

Only if it's black.

I hate burnt food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Well I usually don't eat crap food if that's what you mean.
    Nor do I wax lyrical about being able to taste the morning dew off the grass the cutesy little lamb feasted on before I killed & cooked him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Yes.

Before i eat an egg i make sure the father is still with the hen, if not i throw the bstard egg to the cats.

Only if it's black.

I hate burnt food.

Thats rapist :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Thats rapist :mad:

what

py2006 wrote: »
    what
    what

You just out of a coma or something ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I always judge what I cook, if by "judge" you mean "taste and try to make nice."

It's so easy to make food that's fairly healthy and nice without putting in too much time and effort and becoming a food snob. I don't get when people aren't fussy about what they at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

no. i cook 99.9% of the food i eat so i know whats gone into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I don't get when people aren't fussy about what they at all.

Do you mean fussy about health or taste? If it's taste then it's very probably because they are one of the 25% of the population who have so few fungiform papillae (tastebuds) on their tongues that they are classified as non-tasters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

My food sometimes judges me. Does that count?

Fuck you billy-roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Lumpy mash is the spawn of the devil.

iguana wrote: »
    Do you mean fussy about health or taste? If it's health then it's very probably because they are one of the 25% of the population who have so few fungiform papillae (tastebuds) on their tongues that they are classified as non-tasters.

Taste. I don't like to get too high and mighty about eating healthily, I indulge myself often enough.

I can't believe there's such a high proportion of people who are officially non-tasters! What a sad life that must be, though I guess they don't know what they're missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

In Soviet Russia, you don't judge food, food judges you.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Lumpy mash is the spawn of the devil.
    Lumpy mash is just someone being bone idle lazy. Either mash the fcuking spuds or leave them whole.
    But don't pretend to care about mash when clearly you don't :(

Or someone making a sandwich on the counter, use a fcuking plate!!!!! I could have snorted all over that counter top five minutes ago or a fly could have mooched around on it.

*1234567,1234567,1234567 rocks back & forth*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

am very judgemental of food due to having acute sensory issues, but also will eat the same thing every day out of routine.
    and from exactly the same condition; until not that long ago had not eaten anything for a number of years and was on a special prescribed liquid food which tasted worse than vomit.

will only ever eat with hands,partly because it allows inspection of textures and partly because its always been routine,everything has its own seperate section on the plate and not mixed.
    have got a serious hatred of some foods and cannot touch them,and if they touch anything of mine will not eat them because it causes vomit to come up.
    will use the same plate all the time as well,though that is only partly to do with routine; one of the other ladies is profoundly autistic and really accutely ocd;she licks all the plates/cups/knives/forks etc if she isnt caught in time,knowing she eats the stuff am phobic of it really makes feel sick thinking of her licking stuff and us having to use it so will not use anything she has licked even if its been washed down with scalding water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Yes. I get my friends to come over and taste it and they pull out score cards ranging from 1-10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Do I judge its quality?

I had noodles with processed cheese for dinner.

No, no I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I make lobsters compete in gladiatorial combat for the right to survive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Goes in one way and come out the other way couldn't care less once it goes in and out without a problem,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Cork24 wrote: »
    Goes in one way and come out the other way couldn't care less once it goes in and out without a problem,

So which is better then...trying with all your might to squeeze a big one out,or having the scutters and no control???:pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtWGCxqrjJU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXeCevTNes8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

You see them there on the television nibbling and playing with their food before giving a final verdict on it's edibility. My take on this whole food extravaganza is it's there to keep you from starving and you should be glad for the bit of fodder. Do you actually judge your food before eating? Like your going to eat it anyway surely.
    what

Nah, I get what he means. Food is fuel first and foremost, so does it really matter what it's like as long as it's healthy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I think I'm the type of person who would die if I didn't eat food.

I really like the way food takes away that weird wanty feeling I get around my stomach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

galwayrush wrote: »
    Of course i do, i compare everything to my wife's cooking skills, and nothing matches...

Bet you're going to cunningly show your wife that post aren't you, accidentally on purpose leave the computer on with the view on 400%, we're on to you :)

Im a bit of a plain eater, only eat what i like half afraid to try new foods, boring i know.

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Nah, I get what he means. Food is fuel first and foremost, so does it really matter what it's like as long as it's healthy?

Pleasure!! - The best thing in life!

Unless you're one of these non-tasters, why not gain the pleasure of tasty food with next to no extra effort?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Food is fun first and foremost. I couldn't give a shíte if it's healthy or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 poppy81

Kurz wrote: »

Food is fun first and foremost. I couldn't give a shíte if it's healthy or not.[/Quote

• Registered Users Posts: 28 poppy81

poppy81 wrote: »
    Kurz wrote: »

Food is fun first and foremost. I couldn't give a shíte if it's healthy or not.[/Quote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Pleasure!! - The best thing in life!

Unless you're one of these non-tasters, why not gain the pleasure of tasty food with next to no extra effort?

Not a non-taster. I love food but when I'm working 14 hour busy days, it's just fuel and nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

paddy147 wrote: »

So which is better then...trying with all your might to squeeze a big one out,or having the scutters and no control???:pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtWGCxqrjJU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXeCevTNes8

Do u ever feel proud when u push out a monster of a size ?

Theirs nothing better then have a coffee, and a morning poo that's gets your feeling proud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Er, no I'm not going to eat it anyway.
    If I find it doesn't taste good, I'm very likely to not eat it, no matter how hungry I may be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

poppy81 wrote: »
    Food is fun first and foremost. I couldn't give a shíte if it's healthy or not.

If it's not fun and healthy, I'm not going to bother with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement