Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting a house with a first-time buyer mortgage

Options
  • 29-06-2012 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

my neighbour was just boasting to me that he is renting out a house he has a mortgage on but said he doesnt have a buy to let mortgage, he asked me to keep it on the low down as he could lose his deal with the bank.

is he really saving much money by doing this, and why is he keeping it quiet i can hardly walk into his bank and tell them it could be any bank.

good luck to him but is it worth the hassle or saving

thoughts anyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Fair play on keeping it to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

my neighbour was just boasting to me that he is renting out a house he has a mortgage on but said he doesnt have a buy to let mortgage, he asked me to keep it on the low down as he could lose his deal with the bank.

is he really saving much money by doing this, and why is he keeping it quiet i can hardly walk into his bank and tell them it could be any bank.

good luck to him but is it worth the hassle or saving

thoughts anyone

He is breaking the terms and conditions of his mortgage and would need to get prior approval from his bank in order to rent it out. The bank would have a time limit on how long he could do this for(if approved) before changing the mortgage type

Advertisement