Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skills in camcorder and editing on computer

• 29-06-2012 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭

hi, just wanted to inquire is there anyone out there in bray/greystones,skilled in using a camcorder and transferring small pieces to computer in order to edit and add graphics and other artwork?
    if so would ye be interested in giving some lessons that will get me up and running to do just this.
    small payment but it would only be small i am afraid.
    looking forward to hearing from anyone on this, can travel to them, if they cannot come to me!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

how long of a lesson are you looking for?
    will you be using pc or mac?
    what editing programs have you got?

what is a small payment?

pm me if you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

OP is using a mac which has "some editing software" on it. I assume it to be iMovie.

I unfortunately won't be able to help as I'm jammed working 7 days a week and then going away.

best thing i can suggest is the click the link below and read up about iMovie and follow the guides on the page.
    There are text tutorials and then video tutorials below to give a good visual aid.

iMovie will be located in you applications folder.

Getting Started with iMovie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

I have also PM the OP, although I don't want to hi jack this thread, I do think it would be a great idea, to set up a type of film/editing club, so that people can help each other out. Anyhow enough of me derailing the thread, I believe the OP would like to know a little bit more about editing and working a camera, the prinicple of basic editing and camera work need to be transferable, between different cameras and different software, most of which use the same principles, so I'm not really that worried about the hardware used in this project, cause the acheivable creative out come can be gain in any sort of ways, from easy to extremely hard, from very cheap zero to quite expensive. I talking about narrative and the flow of the movie, which I believe is more important than anything technical. It's all relevant

And before any one has a go at me, I have thought myself on numerous editing softwares, and numerous cameras, I have just finish the first production of a documentry called "A Barbershop History of Bray" which premiered in the Mermaid threatre, to full house and is showing next Saturday in the Harbour Bar at 6pm. It's certainly not prefect but it flows and tells a story. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

Again, not to hijack the thread but Im nearly finished a documentary on Vevay House in Bray for a local disability service that own the house currently. Bluesmoker, you might be interested to see it when its made in a few months. It will be on Youtube , username SunbeamMedia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭treecreeper

right, whio is OP? what is...going on...between blue smoker and briano...do i detect a bit of er, rivalry here or there?
    treecreeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

whio is OP?

OP = Original Poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

Where is that damn 'unfollow thread' button...its around here somewhere.

EDIT: There it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Again, not to hijack the thread but Im nearly finished a documentary on Vevay House in Bray for a local disability service that own the house currently. Bluesmoker, you might be interested to see it when its made in a few months. It will be on Youtube , username SunbeamMedia.

Hi Briano

My grandparents and great grandparents used to own the building in the 50s and 60s. I have some photos at home and my uncle might too.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

Yep would be definitly looking forward to seeing, see I knew the where loads of us budding camera people out there. :)

Advertisement