Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied for Ulster Bank credit card

Options
  • 29-06-2012 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi.
    Applied for an ulster bank credit card last week. Received a credit agreement to sign on Tuesday. Does this mean I have been approved for the card or what's next? I returned bill payslips etc even tho it said to do that only if not ubl customer but as my salary is not paid to ub I sent in bank statements etc. just curious.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sounds good are you sure its the card with the best rate at the moment before you accept it?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

Sounds good are you sure its the card with the best rate at the moment before you accept it?

Jayney no but I'm having second thoughts with all that's going on! Have my savings there just.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

credit card accounts are operating in real time in UB at the moment.

its just current accounts where EFT's, SO's, DD's and manual lodgments and withdrawls are not showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I remember last time i applied, i didn't know my credit limit and apr, until i received the card. It is 0% for 3 months with Ulster anyway, so if you change your mind you can cancel before interest comes to play...

wonski wrote: »

I remember last time i applied, i didn't know my credit limit and apr, until i received the card. It is 0% for 3 months with Ulster anyway, so if you change your mind you can cancel before interest comes to play...

Just to note I called them up today & card in on the way. Thanks everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have a very recent credit card from UB. Sending back those details is not enough. They will only NOW review your case. Don't get your hopes up that they have decided already because they haven't.

What got me was they asked me what the "HOUSEHOLD" outgoings are so between myself and the missus I put them on but they ONLY review the main account holders income against their outgoings so in my case it looked like I was spending more than was coming in.

Stupid stupid set-up really because they actually ask for the additional card holder details.

Complained about this and got..........................€149 compensation on my card. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

Expenditure and fees are. Payments? Not so much. Still waiting on a payment that left my BOI a/c on the 19th to show up and in the mean time they've hit me with late payment & overlimit charges.

TweekeewT wrote: »

Expenditure and fees are. Payments? Not so much. Still waiting on a payment that left my BOI a/c on the 19th to show up and in the mean time they've hit me with late payment & overlimit charges.

Are ya sure? I phoned and asked had they received payslips etc I sent in. They said yeah, it has all been accepted and the card has been requested do will be with you in less than 7 days. They also told me my credit limit????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

millymoo wrote: »
    Are ya sure? I phoned and asked had they received payslips etc I sent in. They said yeah, it has all been accepted and the card has been requested do will be with you in less than 7 days. They also told me my credit limit????

What sort of credit limit did you receive?

Advertisement