Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Bullying

Options
  • 30-06-2012 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all , i phoned eircom to come and install a line for me to set up for Smart Telecom, They now are saying that i am bound to a 12 month contract with them even though all connection fees are supposed to be forwarded to Smart (as quoted bt a Smart agent ) i needed the line for broadband , they say i have 2 lines but i only have 1 which is all i need or want !
    I did not sign any of their contract papers which on such states Must Sign ! Am i still legally bound to eircom for this unwanted line ?:confused:
    I would greatly appreciate any advice on this matter .
    Thank's Tim .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

tim.y wrote: »
    Hi all , i phoned eircom to come and install a line for me to set up for Smart Telecom, They now are saying that i am bound to a 12 month contract with them even though all connection fees are supposed to be forwarded to Smart (as quoted bt a Smart agent ) i needed the line for broadband , they say i have 2 lines but i only have 1 which is all i need or want !
    I did not sign any of their contract papers which on such states Must Sign ! Am i still legally bound to eircom for this unwanted line ?:confused:
    Thank's Tim .

Hi Tim,

I think you should ask your query and seek advice on the 'talk to Eircom' forum right here. I am sure the eircom team there could assist you in some way.

kerry4sam

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Last time I checked Eircom did 6 month contracts for new PSTN line installs and have been doing this since atleast 2010, its perfectly legal for them to do this and Comreg won't change this. if they've since increased this to 12 months then thats their decision.

if you want out of the contract then you'll have to pay the contract break fee,

It sucks but they can legally do this, if you wanted to get around this technically smart should have requested the line install (if they have this option available)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tim.y

But without me signing any contract ( which on contract states Must Sign ) can i be still legally bound ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Hi Tim,

I think you should ask your query and seek advice on the 'talk to Eircom' forum right here. I am sure the eircom team there could assist you in some way.

kerry4sam

Please use the Report Post functionality so that a moderator can move the thread to the correct forum. We do not want duplicate threads appearing.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

tim.y wrote: »
    Thank's Tim .

Hi tim.y,

Thanks for your post.

If you PM your eircom Account number and the phone number details, I will check to see if you are still in contract.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Advertisement
Advertisement