Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

API external filter help...

Options
  • 30-06-2012 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

I am running the API Nexx filter for about 6 weeks now.

Tonight I decided to clean it out and empty the canisters.....

As per the instructions, I didnt unplug it and turned the handle, took it off the base, took out the inserts out and emptied the water out. Replaced one of the inserts and put it back together as it was...

Popped it back on the base and turned the handle as per instructions.. But no.........

I expected to see bubbles coming out of the outlet but when the canisters filled up, the water pi33ed out of the canisters lid! Even though it was sealed very tight and even dried before hand.. I cant understand it. I had done this last month same way but now after 3 attempts I am drowned and floor is covered in about 60L of water and I am in the dog house with the missus:rolleyes:

It seems both inlet and outlet are full of water as they would be, but when the water came from inlet to canister, it filled the canister but wouldnt push water or air through the outlet to the tank. It cant be blocked as it had been working fine for the last month etc

Any help would be great, as the poor fish within a few hours wont:(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You may have pinched/crimped the seal on the cannister lid as you closed it down.

Also,have you turned the flow tap on the outlet pipe back ON??

If its turned off,then no water will flow up and into the tank,and it will just spill out of the cannister under pressure instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

Got it sorted just now thank god.

There is no valves to open or close, it is all done by the handle.

Last night I did it about 4 times and each time it filled the canister and sprayed out rather than pushing the water / air back into the tank. Tried it just there and it worked fine:confused:

Doesnt really give me much trust in the filter...

Also, in the video it says that you can add a 2nd canister and it will double the flow.. How is this possible??

Advertisement