Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there Any Bank that dont charge

Options
  • 30-06-2012 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Is there Any Bank that dont charge current account fees ???

how easy is it to swap details with another bank etc

any help appreciated totally piS??ed of with Bank of Ireland

first time i was under the 3000 limit and they had the cheek to cahrge me 8.12 , they don't care about business

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Ulster Bank do not charge transaction fees on EUR transactions via their 'Step' account.

As per the other thread, Ulster are currently experiencing a massive system breakdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

As far as I know PTSB also do free day to day banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

As far as I know PTSB also do free day to day banking.

These are the condition - from their website:

All you have to do to qualify is:
    1. Use your Visa Debit Card to pay for purchases like petrol or groceries, 18 times per quarter
    2. Lodge at least €3,000 to your account every quarter like your salary
    3. Make at least one transaction through Open24 every quarter (this could be a funds transfer or bill payment)
    4. Keep your account within agreed limits
    Remember - if you do not meet all of the above criteria within the quarter then a fee of €12 will apply per quarter.

not too bad, will fit me. Also visa debit card...
    I may give them a call next week if Ulster fails to resolve the issue.

PTSB also offers personalized debit card - you can put your own picture on it... Not very important to me, but never been offered anything like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

I dont have a Visa Debit card only a master card from B o I,

might try Ulster just hoping this problem there sorts itself out

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭baegan

its the same deal with AIB, you get charged 15 euro a quarter if you dont keep a minimum balance of 2.5k.

not only have we bailed out the bankers, bought the bank, now they up interest rates and increase fees. jokers

im closing out all my accounts with these thieves

has anyone found a truly free banking set up ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Don't drag up threads.

However, it's worth nothing that for the very reason that we own a share of the banks, they have to start making a profit in order to pay us back. Bit of a catch 22 for them, really. We can't have our cakes and eat them too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement