Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can eircom charge me with no signed contract to them ?

Options
  • 30-06-2012 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all , i phoned eircom to come and install a line for me to set up for Smart Telecom, They now are saying that i am bound to a 12 month contract with them even though all connection fees are supposed to be forwarded to Smart (as quoted bt a Smart agent ) i needed the line for broadband , they say i have 2 lines but i only have 1 which is all i need or want !
    I did not sign any of their contract papers which on such states Must Sign ! Am i still legally bound to eircom for this unwanted line ?confused.gif
    I would greatly appreciate any advice on this matter .
    Thank's Tim .

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You may have a verbal contract. there would be a recording

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

They were changes some time ago which resulted in the arrangement whereby suppose you want go with Smart and you didnt have a line then you had to ordfer the line through Smart (or whichever isp you wanted to go with) - if you ordered it through Eircom then you are stuck with them/.

Smart should have told you this when you contacted them.

Advertisement