Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More wedding outfit queries...

• 30-06-2012 1:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭

I bought this Ralph Lauren dress on sale this week, and I'd love to wear it to a wedding coming up.

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=36560896

My simple mind is telling me a light, white coat and shoes would be lovely with it, but is a white coat too brazen for a wedding? (I'm thinking of a coat because I'm not sure how a pashmina will fare with our unpredictable weather) I wouldn't mind incorporating more blue into the outfit but I think it might be quite hard to match the blue/navy colour on the dress. AND I think a navy coat would be too much for it.

Such dilemmas!

Here's a close up of the dress.

I_152084807_03_20110607?fmt=jpg&layer=0&size=288,384&wid=288&hei=384&layer=1&src=I_152084807_03_20110607&size=288,384&qlt=65&wid=288&hei=384&op_usm=1,1,0,0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Whatever you do don't go for a pashmina. They went out of fashion about 5 years ago, and just look tacky imo.

Could you go for a cropped style jacket? I think you could get a way with wearing either navy,white or cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

A cropped navy jacket with red shoes would be gorgeous with that dress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

I think a hot pink blazer similar to this
    image1xl.jpg
    would look great.
    Or perhaps a yellow one.
    w1KxW9n6kbr5uCMXThY7Y7Mdw8OitFm8HI25xvxdW2ZarNHMZfSUfLbfePPzMqV3MfvFXnpvA7e-N9mJ7IcXm3NYfgDkUdpmKQK96E2wndRkbqJQxaAw09jyivxtC275yxeVeZLDnlLUNBlpO1HZsd1SNUhFWEceCRHCf6LOtSSxH6B0x8-35Q8CW7Oku2TlXbhdsQ=s220-c

Basically, a bright pop of colour to make it stand out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I'd also steer cleer of navy or white to accessorise and would go with a hot pink jacket and shoes

Advertisement