Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Video

• 30-06-2012 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right place for this. I took a family video on my Canon digital compact camera. The file size is really big at 625MB. I want to transfer it from my camera to my computer but it isn't working. I don't have any problems with smaller files but this is pretty big. As I don't have any experience in this area I would appreciate simple instructions if possible. I eventually want to put it onto a dvd.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 mjstudio.ie

do you copy it directly from the camera, card reader or with some software? what message comes up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 barold

That is not a big file for a video. You need to give more detail as to the steps you have taken and the problems you encountered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Thanks for the interest. The problem has been solved thankfully - as I didn't have a clue myself, I asked my husband to see if he could do it and it wouldn't load for him either, then he used Adobe Premier Elements to load it and it transferred no problem. I don't do any video stuff usually, just the photos which I load straight from my camera to the computer by opening up the files and the camera in Windows Explorer and slide 'em over to the relevant files. My camera is not a movie camera persay, just a little digital compact but it can take short movies but when I tried to load it to the computer the way I usually do with photos, the movie wouldn't load. This happened to me before with a different movie and I just deleted it but that one wasn't really important. This time it was.

I am totally inexperienced at this and I expect you (barold and mjstudio.ie) can tell that anyway. What is the best way to store photos though, I have hundreds and hundreds on my computer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

to store your photographs you could burn them onto a DVD or CD.
    You could also get an external drive they're pretty cheap these days and very usefull for backing up all the stuff on your computer.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Thank you. We have an external drive but I'll see into getting another one for the photos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭irishpaddy

do you copy it directly from the camera, card reader or with some software? what message comes up?

i copy them onto my computer with a usb lead, fits camera and computer. i used to be able to just plug it in and utube would come on screen and i would upload but does not work. i use windows movie maker now.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭irishpaddy

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Thank you. We have an external drive but I'll see into getting another one for the photos.

yea very good for keeping stuff that you don't want to lose.

Advertisement