Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anyone understand Tariff tables?

• 30-06-2012 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Does anyone understand exactly how to convert Leaving Cert results into tariff points, if they only do three or four subjects in the UK, do they take from six Leaving Cert results or do they just calculste the best four results? Does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

there is a differnt points mechanism, you still count your top six subjects but each grade is worth less points when calculating tariff points

Heres a link with the points system

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/ucas_tariff/factsheet/ilc

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Dude240502

It definitely calculates six subjects and not just the best four, does anyone else know, I'd appreciate any reply?

Dude240502 wrote: »
    It definitely calculates six subjects and not just the best four, does anyone else know, I'd appreciate any reply?

You rude ************* yes it definetly calculates six

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

C'mon now regob, easy on the temper.

pow wow wrote: »
    C'mon now regob, easy on the temper.

My apologies, was stressed with coursework at the time, i know it is not an excuse but will not happen again

• Advertisement
Advertisement