Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superannuation advice

Options
  • 30-06-2012 6:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm just looking for some general advice. I've started working for a company and left the superannuation stuff blank as I dont really know anything about it and thought it would just go into the super fund the company has, but they have informed me that they dont have one yet as they dont have enough people working for them, theres only like 3 of us. Anyways they said I can set up one with my bank (commonwealth) but ive no idea if thats the best option, ive looked up tons of stuff online but its completely going over my head. Any advice?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

not very au fait with the super myself, so all i'll suggest is to look up the Whirlpool forums! http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/?action=threads_search&q=superannuation&f=&fg=-1

What I will say though, is that you shouldn't bee too concerned with who you choose unless you're living here permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

My gf is with commonwealth back and so is her super. She can check on it from her online banking which is very handy. I set mine up with who ever my first company choose, and I've not clue whats going on with it tbh. Who rather have it with my bank but don't care enough to switch

• Registered Users Posts: 35 minsbarron

Same here, not a clue about the whole super thing. I've just set mine up with Commonwealth Bank as I'm temping through recruitment agencies and figured it would be much harder to track that way if I move around a bit from one temp assignment to another. As Mellor says, you can see it when you log onto comm bank so much clearer for you at the end of the day. You need your TFN to open an account up so just pop in (most branches open Saturday), fill in the form (they'll help you) and bobs ur uncle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

cheers guys! commonwealth it is so.

Advertisement