Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with eircom router

• 30-06-2012 8:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Hi all, have annoyng situation with eircom router - at least few devices on home network - 2pc, apple tv ( netflix and stuff ) , phones. If i try to download a file with pc, proced load of the modem reaches 70-80% and all broadband traffic dedicated to downloading pc, so other devices has no traffic att all. Can i do something with network priorities or just get decent modem?
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

On the eircom modem your cant. What programs are killing you? I set a limit on utorrent so it only gets say 20mb leaving 10 for everything else. Some modems can shape traffic they may need to be flashed with dd-wrt so get one that is compatible.

Advertisement