Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Biology book

• 30-06-2012 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    What text book and revision book would ye rec for honours biology?
    Was going to do chem but think overall a theory subject would be more suited to me.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

The best Biology book is "Leaving Certificate Biology" By Michael O' Callaghan.
    "Revise Wise Biology" revision book is also written by this author and is very good. However "Essentials Unfolded - Biology " By Mona Murray is an excellent revision book. It's small but contains everything you need to know including great diagrams!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

I agree with the last post, i mainly used revise wise biology and it was brilliant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Leaving-Certificate-Biology-Revised-Edition.jpg

Found it brilliant, never used a revision book or notes, only this book, and hopefully got an A1. It's a really good book.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lady365

yea definitely the leaving cert biology book is brilliant!!! I used the rapid revision biology book aswell which is very good and has all the experiments at the back simplify..
    Best of Luck!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iMMer5ion

Again, the revise wise is great, as is Biology by Michael O' Callaghan.
    I would say Rapid Revision is excellent although I didn't use it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭shinesun

Cheers that's great guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I never ever once used my Biology book.
    I think it was the green O' Callaghan one?
    My teacher made all her own notes but I mostly used the essential biology revision book by Sarah Dileen. Absolutely brilliant, makes everything so easy to understand and narrows it down to what you need to know EXACTLY.
    Like bio was my worst subject all year and I barely passed the mocks, and then after using that book for the LC I think it was the best exam I did. :)

Advertisement