Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

family campsites

• 30-06-2012 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey in ocean view park lahinch last night in camper van. mother of a toddler. parked up in hard stand yesterday morning. intending to stay two nights. first of all very difficult to dispose of waste water and no hose available to fill up. camper vans had to park next to main road. small wall separating hard stands from main road. noise started at ten. people use camper van area as car park for pub. banging doors and car music until half two. kids playing football outside camper van at eleven. two men had big argument outside our window at midnight. place has bottles all around it this morning. cant believe we paid 25euro to sleep in glorified car park. families beware. my toddler woke up screaming at half two

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Not good :eek:.

I hope you asked for your money back?.

No-one needs that sort of hassle, with or without children.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mollie99

Not good :eek:.

I hope you asked for your money back?.

No-one needs that sort of hassle, with or without children.[/Quot

actually told management. turns out there were several men sleeping in cars next to us. management very apologetic. full refund for last night and gardai callef as those guys snuck onto site. all is forgiven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

mollie99 wrote: »
    actually told management. turns out there were several men sleeping in cars next to us. management very apologetic. full refund for last night and gardai callef as those guys snuck onto site. all is forgiven

When we stayed there we parked in the tent area to be away from the road. Used to be on our annual tour but last time we were there the rowdy but harmless billabong and quicksilver attired faux surfer crowd seemed to be replaced by lots of tracksuits and dayglo lycra and we saw more than one girl dropping their knickers in the street :eek: My surfing buddy tells me its mostly august that contingent arrives though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭scully74

It used to be a nice place to go with a camper until they turned it into a carpark by puuting down tarmac everywhere , it had nice grassy pitches a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

scully74 wrote: »
    It used to be a nice place to go with a camper until they turned it into a carpark by puuting down tarmac everywhere , it had nice grassy pitches a few years ago.

In France campsites often have a hard stand area for motorhome parking, separate from the grassy camping pitches. The price is usually 50% to 60% of the grassy pitch rate.
    Have they a similar offer at Ocean View Park or do you have to pay the full whack.

mollie99 wrote: »

That's good to hear, but it shouldn't have been like that in the first place.

Hope you had/have better nights elsewhere. Enjoy:)

You can camp on grass next to hard stands. Ended up having to stay there again last night as there was no other place to go in Lahinch. party started at ten o clock. fair enough, everyone entitled to bit of fun. still going at half four this morning with mini disco. left place at five o clock. lots of drunken eejits around the camper van area. shame on you if you fool me once, shame on me if you fool me twice.

Cheers it was a great holiday. Cahir apple farm is phenomenal

All's well that ends well.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

You should have a look at Mannix Point Camping & Caravan Park or have a look at its reviews on Trip Advisor. Well worth a visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

There's a nice place between lahinch and Spanish point it's on a beach too....White strand it's called.
    Also fanore is lovely campsite for campers which ain't too far either.
    I've young kids and I wouldn't feel comfortable on a hardstand or near a road.
    Marty.

Advertisement