Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golfing images ***Please NO quoting photos***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

the 11th at Palmerstown par 3?

Actually maybe it's not. Palmerstown usually has circular metal tee markers in golf silver and bronze

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Guess the hole. Taken on Friday last.
    Should be easy - Boards Society was there this year!

mv2teb.jpg

Down my neck of the woods Kevin,
    it's the 15th @ Mitchelstown
    I believe

Funny enough I played there last Saturday week and it was in very poor condition. Greens were like they hadn't been cut in 3 or 4 days. Fairways & teeboxes worse again. 10 foot putts felt like you had to hit it 20 foot to reach the hole. The grass was long enough on some teeboxes to reach the top of the tee (for a driver)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Portarlington ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ForeRight wrote: »

Actually maybe it's not. Palmerstown usually has circular metal tee markers in golf silver and bronze

Yip, the circular markers........

....and the fact that it looks nothing like the hole :)

Slight similarity but you're way off ;)

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Yip, the circular markers........

....and the fact that it looks nothing like the hole :)

Slight similarity but you're way off ;)

:) oopsie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

ForeRight wrote: »

Those markers are a giveaway, so for that reason, you're out!
    denisoc16 wrote: »
    Down my neck of the woods Kevin,
    it's the 15th @ Mitchelstown
    I believe

Funny enough I played there last Saturday week and it was in very poor condition. Greens were like they hadn't been cut in 3 or 4 days. Fairways & teeboxes worse again. 10 foot putts felt like you had to hit it 20 foot to reach the hole. The grass was long enough on some teeboxes to reach the top of the tee (for a driver)

Agreed, I actually walked through what I thought was cut rough and discovered it was fairway. A real shame to see it like that.
    Portarlington ?

Nope. Similarities with the 7th and 15th I grant you, but not this one. Has a fountain in front of the green.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I thought it was Thurles!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Dogleg right after a Par 3, Keano says to me "Go for it and fade it around the trees!!"
    I ended up hitting a lovely draw into the rough on the left hand side. Reloaded (not thinking of GOTY points) and landed on in the pond on the RHS after the trees!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Not my fault it was the one hole that driver of yours let you down!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Same hole as Kevin's looking backwards.

2a9uno2.jpg

Is it really in bad condition?

• Advertisement

ssbob wrote: »
    Same hole as Kevin's looking backwards.

Is it really in bad condition?

Well a week & a half ago it was in brutal contition. After the spell of weather we had up to then there was no excuse for it. Unless the staff has been cut back that much that the course is suffering?

Being honest I won't be in a hurry back there. The greens were the slowest I've played on for a long time. I mean unbelieveably slow. And the first thing that gets commented on after a round are the greens.

Well a week & a half ago it was in brutal contition. After the spell of weather we had up to then there was no excuse for it. Unless the staff has been cut back that much that the course is suffering?

Being honest I won't be in a hurry back there. The greens were the slowest I've played on for a long time. I mean unbelieveably slow. And the first thing that gets commented on after a round are the greens.

As you prob know its my home town so know some of the committee, I will be making a call because I am always telling people about the place as I think there are some super holes there(4,12,14,15,18).

Greens were poleforked or being treated or anything?

As you prob know its my home town so know some of the committee, I will be making a call because I am always telling people about the place as I think there are some super holes there(4,12,14,15,18).

No, there had been no poleforking or sanding done. The greens actually looked OK until you walked on them and putted on them. I played with two members on the day and I didn't make a big deal out of it to them or anything. But one of them did say that he had never seen the greens as poor(slow) as they were. It's not as if the course was to soft do do any work on it because it was relatively dry. Anyway I suppose we are hijacking this thread.

Agreed on the 4th and closing stretch btw. Really good holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

No, there had been no poleforking or sanding done. The greens actually looked OK until you walked on them and putted on them.

Here are some Mitchelstown photos from the morning I dropped by. I agree with Denisoc that the greens did not look good - a couple had tyre tracks going over them, yet no work seemed to have been done, which was strange. The fairway grass was long as was the grass on the tee boxes. A good shave required on both. And the greens do look good, just unmaintained at the moment.

What was the condition like for the Boards Outing?

Ok back on topic.

Kiers47 punching one low into a famous hole!

1z5m49g.jpg

What was the condition like for the Boards Outing?

Genuinely excellent! Only complaint I had at the time was bunkers need a little sand but I was nit-picking at the time!

Genuinely excellent! Only complaint I had at the time was bunkers need a little sand but I was nit-picking at the time!

Ya to be fair it was in good nick that day. No complaints from any of the lads really

Ok back on topic.

/QUOTE]

Same hole, view from the tee

nl4lq9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭slingerz

i take it those pics are from the Old Head of Kinsale?

Ya, the Old Head. I have a few more so I might post them up seeing as I nearly have the hang of the embedding now:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Ok back on topic.

1z5m49g.jpg

Sometimes pictures tell you nothing!! Think it took me 2 shots to get to there and 4 to get down from there.

In my defence we were straight into a 50km/hr gale and it is a tough hole.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Okay, changed from my phone to a spare camera so here are some shots from recent rounds in Portumna, Galway Bay and Headfort New.
    See if you can spot the temporary 11th hole in Headfort New!

4o9n.jpg

z5zi.jpg

y67v.jpg

pgv5.jpg

a0il.jpg

7f4a.jpg

ufzc.jpg

nx9w.jpg

e28y.jpg

e04h.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Ok another one of Kiers47(I think my wife would get worried if she saw all the pics of him on my phone:D) Anyone guess the course?

10frxxh.jpg

Skellig Bay, 17th or 18th I reckon

Edit: I'd pick 17th if I was pushed by the way!!!

Skellig Bay, 17th or 18th I reckon

Edit: I'd pick 17th if I was pushed by the way!!!

It's the 17th alright as there is a big telegraph pole on the 18th!

Some views down there, we didn't get to play Waterville though:(

It's the 17th alright as there is a big telegraph pole on the 18th!

Some views down there, we didn't get to play Waterville though:(

Long track there with great views. Keep an eye out for the invitational weekends at the start of June for Waterville. Usually over 2 weekends. Singles and fourballs. €50

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

In fairness ssbob and kiers47,

Kiers has a nice swing, hip nice and open, looks like he is set up for a draw there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Images of Tralee. Lots of them but that will be explained by the weather!

Tralee Golf Club

Incredible photos, I don't really know the proper criteria for ranking "best" courses but having played Tralee once last year it immediately jumped miles into the lead as my "favourite" course I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 spursmurray

538uf6.jpg

• Advertisement

VHthxNw.jpg

Advertisement