Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golfing images ***Please NO quoting photos***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

What sort of work is being done in the last few photos? That's down near the 5th green/6th tee, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Poker Face

What sort of work is being done in the last few photos? That's down near the 5th green/6th tee, yeah?

its left of the 7th fairway, they have new dunes built to hide the sheds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Poker Face wrote: »

Looks great

God Bless the US Dollar:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

its left of the 7th fairway, they have new dunes built to hide the sheds!!

Have they gotten rid of the spare green on the 7th or is it just blocked out by the dune?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,234 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

They must have completely done away with Golf Carts? Judging by the new grass path on 17.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

PARlance wrote: »
    They must have completely done away with Golf Carts? Judging by the new grass path on 17.

Could be this 1/2 fake stuff you can drive on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Poker Face

Not 100% on this but I don't think Golf Carts have ever been allowed on old course.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,234 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Not 100% on this but I don't think Golf Carts have ever been allowed on old course.

I'm doubting myself but I'm nearly sure I've seen them... but it might have just been on the Cashen.

Not sure they would be putting Astro on the Old Course Fix, it would be a bit of a travesty if they did. Even that would be slippy enough with the drop from the tees on 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

I'm doubting myself but I'm nearly sure I've seen them... but it might have just been on the Cashen.

Not sure they would be putting Astro on the Old Course Fix, it would be a bit of a travesty if they did. Even that would be slippy enough with the drop from the tees on 17.

Buggys are only allowed on the Cashen. It's real grass on 17. They've done it on some other holes as well over the last few years. I was there in late October before they started the work on 18 and it's incredible how well it's blended in. They really do a lot with the course over the winter.

Has anyone noticed the sweeping brushes in the bunkers instead of rakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Peter Crouch

9pARuG0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Crouchy all elbows even when playing golf :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Something doesn’t look right in that photo of Peter Crouch. Legs look very long and extremely skinny, I know he’s tall but something looks odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

charlieIRL wrote: »

ROCfYLj.jpg

Something doesn’t look right in that photo of Peter Crouch. Legs look very long and extremely skinny, I know he’s tall but something looks odd.

it's fine. you're just being paranoid

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nice early stroll.

Nice early stroll.

https://imgur.com/a/SDOgi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

That's nice, where is it?

SuprSi wrote: »
    That's nice, where is it?

15th in Bunclody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Some run of holes that in Bunclody.11-18. One of my favourite courses in Ireland. Super track

dar_cool wrote: »
    Some run of holes that in Bunclody.11-18. One of my favourite courses in Ireland. Super track

Lost a few trees in the heavy wind but the course is holding up very well in fairness to it.

I think it's a great track and I don't think there are any poor holes, although I'm a little biased :pac:

My favourite hole is the 15th (photo above), especially in summer time when the tree is full of leaves. Other favourites are 3rd, 8th, 12th and 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Rebuilt Par 3 in Dun Laoghaire. 7 middle. Looks incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Quality isn't great on them once they're compressed but it still looks pretty good.

SJ7JkHG.jpg?1

SGQD1JA.jpg?1

AcrUVz9.jpg?1

blYrOWw.jpg?1

wXh02AA.jpg?1

I wouldn't fancy teeing off from here on a windy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

The 15th at Strandhill. One of the more imposing approaches you’ll play
    neusew.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Quality isn't great on them once they're compressed but it still looks pretty good

Great fun to play with you Dan, and I look forward to seeing you down in the teens very soon! Your swing is too good not to get you there this summer.

2s0zgwm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Great fun to play with you Dan, and I look forward to seeing you down in the teens very soon! Your swing is too good not to get you there this summer.

Good playing with you and the other lads, made an enjoyable day out that much better.

Thanks , just have to keep it together on the back 9's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

When your heading for the sh*t and want to ensure you get a good line on it.

https://twitter.com/STPictures/status/996654024693833730?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

451000.jpeg

Hopefully this works. 10th at Cobh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Fixed it for you there Mushy.

Looks like a tough green to hit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Fixed it for you there Mushy.

Looks like a tough green to hit!

Cheers. Should say that that is from the front of the tees, so it only gets harder

Advertisement