Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golfing images ***Please NO quoting photos***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Lol.

That seems a little bit stalker like - some photos look like they are off facebook or stolen from her bedroom. :)

Having carefully examined photos page 1, photos page 2, photos page 3 and photos page 4, I'm inclined to agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cellosid

.......and here is the tranquil scene that awaits the Golfer at the close of his round at Beaverstown.

p1070611.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

cellosid wrote: »
    .......and here is the tranquil scene that awaits the Golfer at the close of his round at Beaverstown.

p1070611.jpg

Love this course..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

sidsgirohelicopter171.jpg

This is one of a number of Aerial Imaging Platforms I developed, started many years ago with the purchase of a Petrol engined RC Helicopter with a 1.9 Metre Rotor span with the intention of doing .Golf Hole Flybyes'.

Boy............. was that a costly experience !

they had a gadget like that in the top gear africa special recently!!

Serious pictures from it though, well done.

Thanks !

These Multicopters can now be purchased as 'Bind 'n Fly' kits but serious Aerial Imagers will source the components and build a platform for a particular camera.

• Advertisement

......... time for a few more before the Sun sets !

p1070540t.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Loving the aerial perspective shots cellosid. How did the hole flybyes turn out? Can you post any here?

''God - I love Corballis.''

aah ! you may love her FdeP............ but, do you know her ? :)

p1050813t.jpg

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Loving the aerial perspective shots cellosid. How did the hole flybyes turn out? Can you post any here?

Well,.......... it's a bit of long story which came to an untimely end at 7am one early May morning some years back. Whilst test flying the RC Helicopter with Camera Gimbal at about 300ft we encountered a Radio lockout. This was before the days of 2.4 Gzh Spektrum Radio. It had been flying well and the camera was rolling when out of the blue it fell like a ton of bricks. Needless to say it was in a sorry state......... but undeterred it was patiently rebuilt and subsequently retired as by then current technology superseded it. This technology spawned the Multicopter age.

In addition, companies such as 'Golfgraffix' owned by fellow Boards member emerged and CGI of Golf Holes became available. Incidentlly, I supplied some Imagery for John in his early days which he used to promote his service. Great to see him do so well.

I like to build specific bespoke Platforms for particular assignments so any Video captured to this point has largely been from my Aerial Photo rigs. Here are some AV test flights shot while waiting for golfers to clear.

Ouch - sounds like a costly incident with the radio lockout. Great video above though, I would like to see flybyes of each hole on my own course. Had a camera on a old RC plane but picture quality was terrible.

Anyway, keep the pics/vids coming..

• Advertisement

Ouch - sounds like a costly incident with the radio lockout. Great video above though, I would like to see flybyes of each hole on my own course. Had a camera on a old RC plane but picture quality was terrible.

Anyway, keep the pics/vids coming..

Getting good image quality from an Aerial platform is almost as challenging as flying them..............

Some years after that Radio lockout, a fellow RC Flyer was near that location and was approached by another enthusiast. My friend recalled my mishap and happened to ask this guy was he likely to be in this location early in the morning, to which he replied ''aah yeah, sure I only live over there'' Right adjacent where the Heli was downed. We concluded that this guy was the likely culprit.

Sometimes, these enthusiasts are too damned enthusiastic........ seems he likes to play with his RX first thing in the morning. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

You must know how this lad feels so:(

Lost quadcopter

Will this man dominate in 3 weeks time? The world awaits...

masters_zpsc5f9e424.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Will this man dominate in 3 weeks time? The world awaits...

If ever there was one hole I want to play this'd be the first.
    And I hope not:)

Ilik Urgee wrote: »
    You must know how this lad feels so:(

Lost quadcopter

This unfortunately, is an all too common experience with new RC Flyers.

Game console players are lured into RC Flying by slick promotion....... there is no option to hit the reset button if something goes wrong. :( This particular Quadcopter, not to mention the Camera cost, was the guts of 1000 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

''God - I love Corballis.''

aah ! you may love her FdeP............ but, do you know her ? :)

p1050813t.jpg

Lol - had 14 pars on her in one round last year - can't say I'll do that again.
    So yes - I know her.

Hole on left is one of the hardest par 4s in the country ,
    number 3 on left - a strong fade is the shot
    The green on top of page is number 10 par 3
    The tee box is the one and only unusual par 5 - Drive and mid iron on a good day
    The green is the wacky par 4 11.

Looks like summer ?

It is a crazy place - loved and hated.

Is that your thing again :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    What height does that thing do - what do airplane engines think of it.

FdeP,

Well spotted............... you do indeed know her well. Every nook and cranny, I expect. :) Fourteen pars is better than average I would say.

RC Models can fly at any altitude but obviously limited by the Radio range. 10K under 'First Person View' (in the Cockpit) is not uncommon. But all responsible RC Flyers observe the 400ft AGL limit. ;)

It was Summer 2009............ might that be you on the 2nd Tee ? RC Pilot and Camera Operator/Spotter are the white specs in the corner of the Tee .

p1050822x.jpg

FdeP,

Well spotted............... you do indeed know her well. Every nook and cranny, I expect. :) Fourteen pars is better than average I would say.

RC Models can fly at any altitude but obviously limited by the Radio range. 10K under 'First Person View' (in the Cockpit) is not uncommon. But all responsible RC Flyers observe the 400ft AGL limit. ;)

It was Summer 2009............ might that be you on the 2nd Tee ? RC Pilot and Camera Operator/Spotter are the white specs in the corner of the Tee .

No that would not be me :) - was not playing in 2009 much or there.

Anyway , they are hackers - they need to
    a) not put bag on tee
    b) Put bag up back ramp of 1st green,
    c) Just take a PW if still , 9 iron if a coastal wind and lay up at red disc - not too long as you run out into a hole
    d) bring one extra ball if slicing, or hooking or a strong wind from sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

Boy............. was that a costly experience !

Great pics / videos cellosid, sorry to hear about that radio lockout. Since golfgraffix has captured the market for golf flyovers there must be some other area you could use your RC helicopter and camera to get a return on your investment. :confused:

Lol.

That seems a little bit stalker like - some photos look like they are from her bedroom. :)

:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

cellosid, those photo's are class, I have immediately fallen in love with your helicopter camera!! Would love to see some more pics from it!! I would imagine actual video footage might appeal to some clubs more than CGI?

• Advertisement

ssbob wrote: »
    I would imagine actual video footage might appeal to some clubs more than CGI?

Completely agree with this. I know, if given the choice, I would much prefer to see actual real video fly overs rather than CGI. I think that the market very much so remains for actual video fly overs.

FdeP,

That looks more than 400ft

Im trying to work out a bit of triangulation. Im not, but would you mind posting when in flight path to dublin airport. (Lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Think they are using them on the golf channel at the mo. Pretty sure I saw them showing some copter flyovers at the Arnold palmer on their news yesterday evening.

Images are great, nice work

Thanks for your comments Guys.

I agree,........... Aerial Video especially when integrated with ground based footage, makes a great promotional tool. I have approached some Golf Clubs in the past with ideas/proposals....... you would laugh at some of the responses. :rolleyes:

I just wonder if Clubs would have the Budget for such an expense in these challenging economic times. Although, they say the time to spend on advertising and promotion is during a recession ?

Here's another AP, there is a clue as to the identity if you look closely ? ;)

malahidegcpano.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Thanks for your comments Guys.

I agree,........... Aerial Video especially when integrated with ground based footage, makes a great promotional tool. I have approached some Golf Clubs in the past with ideas/proposals....... you would laugh at some of the responses. :rolleyes:

I just wonder if Clubs would have the Budget for such an expense in these challenging economic times. Although, they say the time to spend on advertising and promotion is during a recession ?

Here's another AP, there is a clue as to the identity if you look closely ? ;)

malahidegcpano.jpg

Malahide?
    Never been there but think I found a clue

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Malahide?
    Never been there but think I found a clue

aah ! You Guys are good......... or spend too much time on the Golf Courses.:)

BTW. what did you find ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

aah ! You Guys are good......... or spend too much time on the Golf Courses.:)

BTW. what did you find ?

Right click image, then open in new tab

imageshack.us/a/img6/7643/malahidegcpano.jpg

:D:D;)

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Right click image, then open in new tab

imageshack.us/a/img6/7643/malahidegcpano.jpg

:D:D;)

:) I'm not playing this game anymore so !

There was I thinking you spotted some Heavy Plant Machinery on the vacant course and worked out by deduction what Clubs had undergone some Course Changes. Then looked carefully at the topography and found that it had to be Malahide GC :o

Here's another view, when the Sun shines, one could think it might be in Florida. :D

p1010537jpga.jpg

great game. Once no cheating.

I was looking for church or beach or bridge over estuary.

What is Malahide like btw - never played it?

It makes course look better than they are (IMO).

• Advertisement

This scene needs no introduction.

copyofskycamirelandwebs.jpg

Advertisement