Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golfing images ***Please NO quoting photos***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cellosid

roganstowngc.jpg

Here is a frame grab from an AV, don't no why it went reduced size. Perhaps the small image may protect its identity....... I doubt it ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

cellosid wrote: »
    roganstowngc.jpg

Here is a frame grab from an AV, don't no why it went reduced size. Perhaps the small image may protect its identity....... I doubt it ?

Roganstown! Its in the file name!!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Roganstown! Its in the file name!!

This cheating in Golf has to be stamped out ! :o :mad: :)

This cheating in Golf has to stamped out ! :o :mad: :)
    Am jus jealous. Have played very little golf in dublin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Have not played Roganstown - looks very nice.

But I think, that thing you have (the upside down 7 sided helicopter drone (:confused:)) would make Silloge look like Augusta.

• Advertisement

Have not played Roganstown - looks very nice.

But I think, that thing you have (the upside down 7 sided helicopter drone (:confused:)) would made Silloge look like Augusta.

IKEA to open megastore opposite famed Augusta :)

p1060593s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

IKEA to open megastore opposite famed Augusta :)

Told you - it looks class. It is the height and how bright the grass is.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

A couple of pictures i took myself during the year

photo37qs.jpg

photo36lx.jpg

photo35h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

This is prob my favourite thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Whilst I imagine we will see more and more drone footage over the next years for golf events, I don't think we will ever see this! ;)

• Advertisement

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Whilst I imagine we will see more and more drone footage over the next years for golf events, I don't think we will ever see this! ;)

There is no doubt that these Multicoters are fast becoming the low altitude camera platform of choice within the TV & Film Industry. From one who has built, flown and supplied footage to local and national media, I am seriously
    concerned of the dangers. That RC Pilot was making me very nervous,:eek: he looked anything but competent and the Platform was not flown smoothly. Granted there was some wind, but nothing that should bother that top range Octocopter.

I have to commend Pat Perez for his concentration....... if he saw what I saw, it might be a different story. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Our new (old) number one, we'll forgive the lay up on 18!!

164622303.jpg

164555993_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Here is the compilation video from Bay Hill GC using that Octocopter

http://vimeo.com/62244442#

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Some of the shots are cool but a bit wavy? I particularly love the bit where it comes across the fw towards the ducks!! It must be extremely distracting though!!

I think it would be of great use for course flyovers prior to the event....would give a great insight into Augusta!

Would you Boards GS members like a similar Video of your Outing with integrated ground footage........... or might that be all too distracting ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Would you Boards GS members like a similar Video of your Outing with integrated ground footage........... or might that be all too distracting ?

I'd be all for it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

There is something wrong with the frame rates on that footage but never the less it is pretty impressive.

We looked at buying one a few years back but cost and the fact that we could not good stereo imagery meant we could not really get it to work.

Cellosid give me a pm and you never know there maybe some stuff we could do together.

J

Here is another quick AV from Beaverstown's Par 3 7th.

The light was fading rapidly and I had called it a day on the AP shoot, decided to test the AV camera settings. This camera suffers badly in low light........ 30 mins earlier and the green might have been washed with low sunlight.

The camera was hard mounted to a home made gimbal,......no gyro stabilization. :D Watch in HD !

There is something wrong with the frame rates on that footage but never the less it is pretty impressive.

We looked at buying one a few years back but cost and the fact that we could not good stereo imagery meant we could not really get it to work.

Cellosid give me a pm and you never know there maybe some stuff we could do together.

J

I agree, this has motion stutter at times. I do know it was a Canon 7D and he was doing a demo for The Golf channel. The RC Pilot is the owner/President of one of the US top manufacturers of Multicopters. His flying reminded a bit of the Racehorse owner who thought it best that he should ride his horse in the Derby.

PM sent !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

• Advertisement

Some tasty Masters teasers from practice today..

Rory
    rory-sits-down-4_3_rx513_c680x510.jpg?6c3c24a06b2ec04d15c066f5e9a76a10a837ffd4

Ricky on the edge
    fowler-pants-chip-4_3_rx513_c680x510.jpg?6c3c24a06b2ec04d15c066f5e9a76a10a837ffd4

Just your average day for a normal 14 year old :eek:
    tiger-and-gian-with-water-bottle-4_3_rx513_c680x510.jpg?6c3c24a06b2ec04d15c066f5e9a76a10a837ffd4
    From Monday

Tiger
    tiger-from-a-distance-3_4_r383_c0-0-380-510.jpg?50fc00bf5ab7468a0e0d29f64f706e982e0d3912

Someone's birthday today :(

article-1384258-0BF1932F00000578-181_634x404.jpg

Rory yesterday

166169133.jpg

Fred this morning

gty-166207896-4_3_rx513_c680x510.jpg?6c3c24a06b2ec04d15c066f5e9a76a10a837ffd4

Tiger this morning

tiger-with-clouds-3_4_r383_c0-0-380-510.jpg?50fc00bf5ab7468a0e0d29f64f706e982e0d3912

Justin

gty-166207753-4_3_rx513_c680x510.jpg?6c3c24a06b2ec04d15c066f5e9a76a10a837ffd4

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

BHnfRuLCQAAPuHH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

whose that and where's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Big bush between her legs

I need a life, from that pic its hard make out the club so looks like she's playing the Wii!! And she isn't wearing a glove, nice backround though even if it looks like a photo!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

bailey99 wrote: »
    whose that and where's that?

Natalie Gulbis - somewhere around Vegas I think.
    ForeRight wrote: »
    Big bush between her legs

I reckon its tidy enough tbh.

THAT drop

00073ca0-642.jpg

• Advertisement

Okay guys, some shots from Ballybunion yesterday, an Inside The Ropes encounter via Kevin Markham

18th fairway looking down from the clubhouse
    18tho.jpg

18th green from the clubhouse, just about make out the protecting dunes on the LHS protecting easy entry
    18thgreen.jpg

Example of some brutal roll-offs should you bump and run in error
    runoffs.jpg

7th, one green slightly to the RHS in the distance but the one to the left between the dunes (blind) was the one in play
    7thx.jpg

11th, what a hole, can you even see the green from this shot (above the green marker, slightly to the left and lighter shade of green beyond two dunes in the distance)
    11thx.jpg

14th from the tee, highly elevated par 3, not a hole to top your tee shot, or slice, or hook etc. pin slightly to the left of photo centre
    14thy.jpg

14th green, yes 3 of us made the green (and two 3 putted it:(), nice wind taking on the flag
    15thgreen.jpg

After that it bucketed it so no shots, brutal pounding was received, water ran down the legs and filled my shoes but sure beat a day in work!

Advertisement