Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping & Surfing in Biarritz

Options
  • 30-06-2012 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Thinking about hitting away with the GF for a week end of July to camp & surf.
    Anyone got any recommendations for area's or maybe even hostels incase we want a bed some night?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Louball

Don't know about camping but I really wanted to stay in this place when I was there http://www.surfhostelbiarritz.com/. Was booked out unfortunately, but sounds really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Biarritz is a great spot. Spent a few summer holidays there with the family. Stayed in camping Le Ruisseau. 10 min drive from Biarritz twon centre. Bidart is a great little village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Thinking of heading that way in October on my own.
    Would a week be enough?
    I am going to head to Biarritz/San Sebastian area. Not sure if I will get in any surfing due to my ability or lack of, but at least hope to get in some bodyboarding! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Thinking about hitting away with the GF for a week end of July to camp & surf.
    Anyone got any recommendations for area's or maybe even hostels incase we want a bed some night?

Thanks!

Great place to bring the girl friend, but it'll be super crowded at that time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Garzorico wrote: »
    Biarritz is a great spot. Spent a few summer holidays there with the family. Stayed in camping Le Ruisseau. 10 min drive from Biarritz twon centre. Bidart is a great little village.
    What did you think of Le Ruisseau and when where you there last? Looking at there and sylvamar in Labonne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Garzorico

kennyb3 wrote: »
    What did you think of Le Ruisseau and when where you there last? Looking at there and sylvamar in Labonne

Depends what you are looking for. surfing = Le Ruisseau, campsite = Labenne.

Stayed in Sylvamar in Lebenne the first year we went. Sylvamar is a better campsite overall, cleaner, bigger pitches (Eurocamp/Keycamp), easier to keep an eye on the chislers...but Le Ruuisseau is nearer to Biarritz, hence we stayed there 4 times. It was all about the beach for us though otherwise Sylvamar would have been the choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Garzorico wrote: »
    Depends what you are looking for. surfing = Le Ruisseau, campsite = Labenne.

Stayed in Sylvamar in Lebenne the first year we went. Sylvamar is a better campsite overall, cleaner, bigger pitches (Eurocamp/Keycamp), easier to keep an eye on the chislers...but Le Ruuisseau is nearer to Biarritz, hence we stayed there 4 times. It was all about the beach for us though otherwise Sylvamar would have been the choice.

Thanks really appreciate that.

Advertisement