Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want something different to do?

Options
  • 30-06-2012 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all remote control flyers,

Are you bored of going to the same field?

want something different to do?

I'm looking for experienced flyers to particate in a airsoft event, where you planes will be used for recon missions and fake bomb attacks. don't worry nobody will be shooting at your planes.

Would prefer helicopter users cause these can hover which will be ideal for recon missions

if your interested pm for more info

thanks all :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fallaci

Won't that be a bit dangerous, flying over peoples' heads?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭tcac

i wasnt thinking of the planes dive bombing people! lol

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

But if they fly over people that is what could occur.
    Model pilots never overfly people, or damagable property, it's a basic risk avoidance rule.

From the MACi code of practise:
    Section 4: Flying the model
    1. The model must not be flown behind the pilot line, over cars, people, property, or any other area which would constitute a hazard in the event of loss of control, or an engine cut.
    2. Pilots should stand together when flying, with their backs to the pits area.
    (H) Applies to helicopters flying in the same airspace as fixed wing models.
    3. Last thing before takeoff; check all controls for correct movement and direction
    4. All take offs and landings must take place into wind.
    (H) This does not apply to helicopters
    5. "Dead stick" must be called out in the event of an engine failure to alert other fliers to give priority and to keep the runway clear.
    6. "Landing" must be called clearly to alert others in the area.
    (H) Applies to helicopters flying in the same airspace as fixed wing models.

The full document can be seen here: http://maci.ie/safety/safety-code.html

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭desodon

tcac wrote: »
    Hi all remote control flyers,

Are you bored of going to the same field?

want something different to do?

I'm looking for experienced flyers to particate in a airsoft event, where you planes will be used for recon missions and fake bomb attacks. don't worry nobody will be shooting at your planes.

Would prefer helicopter users cause these can hover which will be ideal for recon missions

if your interested pm for more info

thanks all :D

I'd be interested in this, sounds like good craic!? Where are you doing it?

Advertisement