Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assen MotoGP on live TODAY - WARNING - RACE RESULTS ARE POSTED IN THIS THREAD.

• 30-06-2012 11:28am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

The Assen/Dutch MotoGP is currently live on Setanta Ireland today (Saturday).

The Moto3 race was unreal to watch,right to the last lap and 4 riders had to be judged by a photograph accross the line for the podium places.:eek::D

The Moto2 race is currently under way at the moment and all I will say is "Crashtastic"...so far.:D

Bring on the MotoGP race so.:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭prunudo

paddy147 wrote: »
    The Assen/Dutch MotoGP is currently live on Setanta Ireland today (Saturday).

The Moto3 race was unreal to watch,right to the last lap and 4 riders had to be judged by a photograph accross the line for the podium places.:eek::D

The Moto2 race is currently under way at the moment and all I will say is "Crashtastic"...so far.:D

Bring on the MotoGP race so.:D:D

All races live on eurosport too. Amazing moto3 race. All we need now is a thunder storm just before the motogp race and Rossi and ducati's might have a chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Mark Marquez has balls of steel,thats all I will say.

After seeing his 2 big crashes and then his pole position yesterday.

And then some of his passing techniques in todays Moto2 race was unreal indeed.Oh and hes just won the Moto2 race.:D

Bautista just wiped himself and Lorenzo out on the very 1st corner off the start.Both are out of the race.

Lorenzo is hopping mad.

Bradl also just crashed out too.

Rossi now out too,tyre issues.

Rossi going back out very slowly on new rear tyre.

Stoner wins again.

Pedrosa in 2nd and Dovi in 3rd.

Spies was beaten into 4th on the last lap by Dovi.

Rossi ended up 13th after comming back out on a new soft rear tyre.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

WTF was Bautista at, LOL

KamiKazi wrote: »
    WTF was Bautista at, LOL

I don't think he knows himself but he can think about it from the back of the grid next week!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Bautista penalised for his move. Will start in last for the next race ..

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Bautista+Lorenzo+incident+story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

GBX wrote: »
    Bautista penalised for his move. Will start in last for the next race ..

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Bautista+Lorenzo+incident+story

Good enough!! There's ballsy......and there's stupid! :rolleyes:

Lorenzos engine also sh1t itself when it hit the ground.

Huge plume of white smoke from the exhaust as the engine lunched itself.

New engine/engine change for Lorenzo for next Sundays race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Lorenzo will be out for blood at Sachs. Should make for a good race. Crutchlow will be the same, reckon he could have put up a good fight today.

But that's racing. Sometimes you just get unlucky.

Rossi supposedly has a few offers from different teams on the table for next year,but he wont be confirming anything till at least the Laguna Seca round.

Pic doing the rounds of why Rossi pitted during the race ..

https://picasaweb.google.com/116698378963260568990/InstantUpload#5760151958670149138

Cal Crutchlow has publicly said that he would be able to ride Rossis Ducati next year.

This adds fuel to the fire over the rummors that Cruthlow will be going to Ducati,as Rossi seems to be looking for a new team and bike for next year...according to the rummors at Assen this weekend.

Pic doing the rounds of why Rossi pitted during the race ..

https://picasaweb.google.com/116698378963260568990/InstantUpload#5760151958670149138

Link not working.
    I believe that a large chunk of tyre came off Rossis rear tyre during the race.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

Didn't Lorenzo come off in the exact same corner last year? Although I think it was rain and rider error before right?

.facebook_1142278643.jpg

Didn't Lorenzo come off in the exact same corner last year? Although I think it was rain and rider error before right?

I think Simmo (RIP) skitteled him off last year on that corner.

.facebook_1142278643.jpg

Thats a serious tyre failure there.:eek:

I rekon Rossi and Ducati would want a full examination of that tyre and reason why it failed so badly.

I know that the track temp was higher on race day than on any other day,but that tyre failure is rather shocking indeed.

Thats a serious tyre failure there.:eek:

I rekon Rossi and Ducati would want a full examination of that tyre and reason why it failed so badly.

I know that the track temp was higher on race day than on any other day,but that tyre failure is rather shocking indeed.

Bridgestone are investigating it. Other riders had issues but Rossi was the worst case.

• Advertisement

I think Simmo (RIP) skitteled him off last year on that corner.

Yep sounds familiar alright. I bet Lorenzo will be looking out for another gresini Honda next year!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Bridgestone are investigating it. Other riders had issues but Rossi was the worst case.

I think that's what happened to Spies too. His pace dropped off and he was having a good look at the rear when he came back into the garage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Notice in Parc Fermé that all the factory bikes had tyre warmers on? The CRT bike was fine but thats probably because it wasn't dealing with the HP and speed that the factory bikes do.
    Maybe tyre technology can't keep up with the new bikes?
    Pirelli had a chunking issue with the wets in SBK in Monza as well.
    Control tyres...

Didnt a rear tyre fail and explode and send the Kawazaki MotoGP cartwheeling down the track at high speed a several years ago???

I think it was japanese rider,Shinya Nakano,who was sent flying down the track at 200mph.
    I dont know how he survived it?

Video now added.

Advertisement